Top 10 Driver Ratings at Chicago
Chase Elliott............................. 125.6
Jimmie Johnson........................ 113.0
Kyle Busch............................... 107.3
Brad Keselowski....................... 100.4
Kevin Harvick............................. 98.9
Kyle Larson................................ 97.1
Martin Truex Jr........................... 94.5
Joey Logano............................... 91.0
Denny Hamlin............................. 89.7
Kurt Busch................................. 88.6
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2016 races (13 total) among active drivers at Chicagoland Speedway.
· Construction of the Chicagoland Speedway began in August 1999.
· The first NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Chicago was July 14, 2001 - won by Jimmie Johnson.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race was held on July 15, 2001 - won by Kevin Harvick.
· For seven seasons Chicagoland Speedway was the opening race of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs (2011 - 2017)
· There have been 17 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races held at Chicagoland Speedway, one race per season since the first event in 2001.
· 128 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway; 99 in more than one.
· Three drivers have competed in all 17 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series events at Chicagoland Speedway: Matt Kenseth, Kurt Busch, and Kevin Harvick.
· Eight drivers all-time have posted their first career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start at Chicago; Ray Black Jr. (2017), Joey Gase (2014), Justin Allgaier (2013), Josh Wise (2011), Todd Kluever (2006), David Stremme (2005), Chad Blount (2004) and Johnny Sauter (2003).
· Jimmie Johnson leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Chicago with an 8.25 in 16 starts.
· A total of 12 different Monster Energy Series drivers have posted won Busch poles at Chicago, led by Jimmie Johnson with two (2005 and 2012).
· Todd Bodine won the inaugural MENCS Busch Pole Award at Chicago in 2001 with a speed of 183.717 mph.
· Youngest Chicago Monster Energy Series pole winner: Joey Logano (09/15/2013 - 23 years, 3 months, 22 days).
· Oldest Chicago Monster Energy Series pole winner: Matt Kenseth (09/19/2011 - 39 years, 6 months, 9 days).
· Three different manufacturers have won a MENCS Busch pole at Chicago led by Chevrolet with seven, followed by Ford (four) and Toyota (two).
· A total of 12 different Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers have won at Chicagoland Speedway.
· Tony Stewart leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in wins at Chicago with three victories (2004, 2007, 2011).
· Kevin Harvick (first two series events at the speedway; 2001 and 2002), Brad Keselowski (2012 and 2014) and Martin Truex Jr. (2016 and 2017) lead all active drivers in wins at Chicago with two each.
· Stewart, Harvick, Keselowski and Truex are the only four drivers all-time with multiple wins at Chicago.
· Kevin Harvick (2001, 2002) and Martin Truex Jr. (2016, 2017) are the only two drivers to post consecutive series wins at Chicagoland Speedway.
· Youngest Chicago MENCS winner: Kyle Busch (07/12/2008 - 23 years, 2 months, 10 days).
· Oldest Chicago MENCS winner: Mark Martin (07/11/2009 - 50 years, 6 months, 2 days).
· Only one of the 17 (5.9%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Chicago have been won from the pole position. Kyle Busch accomplished the feat in 2008 - it is also the only win from the front row.
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Chicago is 32nd, by Kevin Harvick in 2002.
· Kyle Busch swept the weekend at Chicagoland Speedway winning the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup and NASCAR Xfinity Series races in 2008 - the only time the feat has been accomplished at Chicago.
· A total of eight different organizations have won at Chicagoland Speedway in the Monster Energy Series, led by Joe Gibbs Racing with five victories: Tony Stewart (two), Kyle Busch (one), Matt Kenseth (one) and Denny Hamlin (one).
· Four different manufacturers have won in the MENCS at Chicago led by Chevrolet with eight victories; followed by Toyota with six, Dodge has two and Ford has one.
· Seven of the eight active Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series winners at Chicagoland Speedway participated in at least one or more races before visiting Victory Lane. Kevin Harvick won at Chicago in his first two appearances (2001, 2002). Ryan Newman won in his second appearance (2003).
· Kurt Busch leads the series among active drivers with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Chicago without visiting Victory Lane at 17.
Additional Finishing Position Stats
· A total of 11 different drivers have finished runner-up in the Monster Energy Series at Chicago, led by Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon with three each; followed by Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards with two each.
· A total of 32 different drivers have finished in the top-five at Chicago in the Monster Energy Series, led by Kevin Harvick with nine top fives; followed by Tony Stewart with eight, and Jimmie Johnson and Jeff Gordon with seven each.
· A total of 46 different drivers have finished in the top-10 at Chicago in the Monster Energy Series, led by Jimmie Johnson with 11 top 10s; followed by Kevin Harvick and Tony Stewart with 10 each.
· Chase Elliott leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average finishing position with a 2.5.
Track / Event Specific Stats
· Since the advent of electronic scoring the closest margin of victory (MOV) in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Chicagoland Speedway was the July 12, 2008 race won by Kyle Busch over Jimmie Johnson with a MOV of 0.159 second - the only race won from the pole.
· Two Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race has resulted with NASCAR Overtime.
· None of the series races at Chicagoland Speedway have been shortened due to weather conditions.
· Qualifying has been cancelled due to weather conditions in the MENCS at Chicagoland Speedway four times - 2008, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
· Jimmie Johnson leads all drivers in the series in laps led at Chicago with 695 laps led in 16 starts.
Female Competitor Stats
· Danica Patrick is the only female driver that has competed at Chicagoland Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series; Shawna Robinson attempted to qualify in 2001 but failed to qualify for the event.
NASCAR in Illinois
· A total of 85 NASCAR national series races among five different tracks have been held in the state of Illinois.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race held in the state of Illinois was at Willow Springs, Illinois at Santa Fe Speedway in 1954 - the event was won by Dick Rathmann (72.216 mph, 1:23:05, 07-10-1954).
· A total of 80 different drivers with their home state recorded as Illinois have made at least one start in a NASCAR national series race.
· Five of the 80 have posted at least one victory in a NASCAR national series event; including NASCAR Hall of Famer Fred Lorenzen with 26 victories in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series.
--- NASCAR ---