Top 10 Driver Ratings at Kansas
Kevin Harvick........................... 108.0
Jimmie Johnson........................ 105.4
Matt Kenseth............................ 103.1
Martin Truex Jr......................... 100.0
Ryan Blaney............................... 95.9
Kyle Larson................................ 91.4
Brad Keselowski......................... 90.3
Kyle Busch................................. 89.8
Kurt Busch................................. 88.1
Denny Hamlin............................. 87.5
Note: Driver Ratings compiled from 2005-2018 races (21 total) among active drivers at Kansas Speedway.
· Groundbreaking for the speedway was held on May 25, 1999.
· The official opening of Kansas Speedway was in 2001, with the first events being an ARCA Racing Series race and a NASCAR K&N Pro Series West race on the same day - June 2.
· The first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race was on Sept. 30, 2001 - won by Jeff Gordon (Chevrolet).
· During the 2012 season, between the April and October events, the 1.5-mile track underwent a repave, adding variable banking in the corners.
· There have been 25 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway, one event from 2001 - 2010 and two races per year since 2011.
· A total of 135 drivers have competed in at least one Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race at Kansas; 105 in more than one.
· Four drivers have started all 25 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races and lead the series in starts at Kansas Speedway - Kevin Harvick, Kurt Busch, Matt Kenseth and Ryan Newman.
· Jason Leffler (three starts) leads the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Kansas Speedway with a 3.500.
· Joey Logano (18 starts) leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series in average starting position at Kansas with a 10.1; followed by Martin Truex Jr. (10.5) and Daniel Suarez (11.3).
· Four drivers all-time have made their first Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series career start at Kansas Speedway: Erik Jones (5/09/2015), Ryan Blaney (5/10/2014), Austin Dillon (10/09/2011) and Denny Hamlin (10/09/2005).
· A total of 15 drivers have won Busch Pole Awards at Kansas Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, led by Kevin Harvick with four poles.
· Jason Leffler won the inaugural Busch Pole Award at Kansas Speedway in 2001 with a speed of 176.499 mph (Dodge) driving for Chip Ganassi Racing.
· Jason Leffler (2001) and Ryan Blaney (2017) are the only drivers to post their first-career Monster Energy Series pole at Kansas.
· Jimmie Johnson and Kevin Harvick are the only two drivers to win consecutive Busch poles at Kansas Speedway (Johnson, two-straight: 2007-2008 and Harvick, three-straight: Fall of 2013-2014 sweep).
· Youngest Kansas pole winner: Ryan Blaney (05/13/2017 - 23 years, 2 months, 43 days).
· Oldest Kansas pole winner: Mark Martin (10/04/2009 - 50 years, 8 months, 25 days).
· Four manufacturers have won Busch Pole Awards at Kansas Speedway in the Monster Energy Series; led by Chevrolet with 10; followed by Ford (seven), Toyota and Dodge (four each).
· A total of 14 different Monster Energy Series drivers have won at Kansas Speedway, led by Jeff Gordon, Kevin Harvick and Jimmie Johnson with three victories each - Gordon (2001, 2002, 2014), Harvick (2013, 2016, 2018) and Johnson (2008, 2011, 2015).
· Nine of the 14 Kansas winners are currently active - Jimmie Johnson, Kevin Harvick (four), Matt Kenseth, Joey Logano, Martin Truex Jr. (each have two) and Ryan Newman, Brad Keselowski, Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin (each have one).
· Six of the 25 (24%) Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series races at Kansas Speedway have been won from the Busch Pole Award: Joe Nemechek (2004), Jimmie Johnson (2008), Matt Kenseth (spring 2013), Kevin Harvick (Playoffs 2013), Martin Truex Jr. (Playoffs 2017), Kevin Harvick (2018).
· The deepest in the field that a race winner has started at Kansas Speedway is 25th, by Brad Keselowski in the spring of 2011.
· Youngest Kansas winner: Joey Logano (10/05/2014 - 24 years, 4 months, 11 days).
· Oldest Kansas winner: Mark Martin (10/09/2005 - 46 years, 9 months, 0 days).
· Jeff Gordon, Matt Kenseth and Martin Truex Jr. are the only three Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series drivers that have posted consecutive wins at Kansas Speedway: Gordon (2001 and 2002 - the first two series events at Kansas), Kenseth (fall 2012, spring 2013) and Truex (2017 sweep).
· Jeff Gordon is the only driver to win at Kansas in his first appearance.
· No Monster Energy Series drivers have won their first career race at Kansas Speedway.
· Martin Truex Jr. competed at Kansas Speedway 17 times before winning in 2017; the longest span of any the nine active Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series winners at Kansas.
· Martin Truex Jr. (17), Kyle Busch (16), Kevin Harvick (15) and Matt Kenseth (13) all made 10 or more attempts before their first win at Kansas Speedway.
· Kurt Busch leads the series with the most Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Kansas Speedway without visiting Victory Lane at 25.
· Hendrick Motorsports leads the series in wins at Kansas with six: Jeff Gordon (three: 2001, 2002 and 2014) and Jimmie Johnson (three: 2008, 2011 and 2015).
· Four manufacturers have won at Kansas Speedway in the MENCS; led by Chevrolet with 11 victories, Ford with seven, Toyota has five and Dodge has two.
Additional Finishing Positions
· A total of 17 series drivers have finished runner-up at Kansas Speedway, led by Kevin Harvick and Martin Truex Jr. with three second-place finishes each; followed by Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Kasey Kahne and Ryan Newman with two second-place finishes each.
· A total of 33 series drivers have finished in the top-five at Kanas Speedway, led by Jeff Gordon with 11 top-five finishes; followed by Jimmie Johnson with nine, Kevin Harvick (eight), Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth, Martin Truex Jr., Joey Logano and Greg Biffle each have seven.
· A total of 52 series drivers have posted top 10s at Kansas Speedway, led by Jimmie Johnson with 17 top-10 finishes; followed by Jeff Gordon (14), Kevin Harvick (14), Carl Edwards (13) and Matt Kenseth (13).
· NASCAR Hall of Famer Rusty Wallace (five starts) leads the series in average finish at Kansas Speedway with an 8.200.
· Kevin Harvick (25 starts) leads all active drivers in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kansas Speedway with an average finishing position of 9.6; followed by Jimmie Johnson (10.0).
Track / Event Specific Stats
· In the 25 series races there have been only two resulting in NASCAR Overtime at Kansas Speedway:
· Only one of the 25 races at Kansas Speedway has been shortened due to weather conditions.
· Of the 25 Monster Energy Series races held at Kansas Speedway, only the Sept. 30, 2007 event has ended under caution - weather - Greg Biffle won the event.
· Qualifying has never been cancelled due to weather conditions in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series at Kansas Speedway.
· The Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Kansas race has never been postponed to another date due to weather conditions.
· Matt Kenseth leads the series in laps led at Kansas Speedway with 774.
· Matt Kenseth leads the series in laps led during Playoff races at Kansas Speedway with 590.
Female Competitor Stats
· Danica Patrick is the only female driver that has competed at Kansas Speedway in the series.
· Danica Patrick's seventh-place finish (2014) at Kansas Speedway in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series is the third-highest finish by a female driver in series history. Patrick's series career-best finish is sixth (Atlanta).
· The best finish by a female driver in the MENCS is Sarah Christian's fifth-place finish (Heidelberg) in 1949.
NASCAR in Kansas
· There has been a total of 63 NASCAR national series races among two tracks held in the state of Kansas: Kansas Speedway and Heartland Park Topeka.
Kansas Drivers In NASCAR
· A total of 17 drivers in NASCAR national series history have their home state recorded as Kansas.
· Of the 17 Kansas drivers, only two of them have won a NASCAR national series race; both have won in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series: Clint Bowyer and Jim Roper.
--- NASCAR ---