With great anticipation, the NASCAR XFINITY Series welcomes the return of the Dash 4 Cash program in 2017. This time around a few things will be different, a new lineup of tracks will host the program along with a slight format change to align itself with the new enhanced stage racing format.
Phoenix Raceway is the first of four tracks that will host the Dash 4 Cash program in 2017. Bristol Motor Speedway (4/22), Richmond International Raceway (4/29) and Dover International Speedway (6/2) are the remaining venues to include the Dash 4 Cash program in their NASCAR XFINITY Series races.
Below are few quick bullets to get you caught up to speed with the new Dash 4 Cash program format:
• Full-time NASCAR XFINITY Series drivers who have declared for points in the series will compete for four positions in Dash 4 Cash events, each awarding the winner $100,000.
• The top two eligible drivers in each of the first two stages will qualify for the Dash 4 Cash bonus round in the Final Stage (four total drivers).
• The highest finisher among these four drivers wins the $100,000 prize and is one step closer to qualifying for the NASCAR XFINITY Series playoffs.
• Two Dash 4 Cash wins equal a race win in terms of eligibility for the playoffs.
• This year, should one driver capture all four Dash 4 Cash awards, XFINITY will award the winner with an additional $600,000, bringing the total payout to an even $1 million. In a new twist, drivers no longer need to win the final race outright to capture the bonus.
-- NASCAR --