TIFFT AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Matt Tifft heads to Daytona (FL) International Speedway (DIS) in his first full season at Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR). For the 15th race of the 2017 NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) season, Tifft will make his third-career NXS start at DIS behind the wheel of the No. 19 Comcast NBCUniversal Salute to Service /Toyota. Tifft recorded an 11th place finish in his February start at Daytona after starting the race in 14th.
· JGR AT DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing has a total of 79 starts at DIS. Of those 79 starts, JGR has four wins, eight poles, 19 top-five finishes, 31 top-10 finishes, an average start of 10.6 and an average finish of 16.8. Tony Stewart (2008), Denny Hamlin (2008), Joey Logano (2011) and Matt Kenseth (2013) all recorded victories at Daytona International Speedway.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 19 TOYOTA: This week the No. 19 JGR Comcast NBCUniversal Salute to Service /Toyota Camry will be on display for the Coca-Cola Firecracker 250. As a sponsor of Tifft's No. 19 Camry, this will be the first time that NBCUniversal and Comcast are represented as the primary sponsor for the 2017 season. FANATICS, Tunity, Wastebits, Surface Sunscreen and BrainGear will be featured as associate sponsors at the 2.5-mile track.
· XFINITY SERIES POINT STANDINGS: Entering Daytona, Tifft is positioned in ninth place after a 22nd place finish last week in Iowa. Tifft sits 192 points back from the lead of the Driver's Championship Point Standings and looks to move up the leaderboard this week at the World Center of Racing.
· ROOKIE SEASON CAMPAIGN: Tifft sits in fourth place of the Sunoco Rookie of the Year points behind drivers William Byron, Daniel Hemrick, and Cole Custer.
· RACE INFORMATION: The Coca-Cola Firecracker 250 at Daytona International Speedway is scheduled for Friday, June 30, 2017 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on NBCSN, Sirius XM channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Matt Tifft: "It is a true honor to partner with Comcast and NBCUniversal for NASCAR Salutes this weekend in Daytona, and specifically to recognize the 3rd Infantry Division out of Fort Stewart, Georgia on our car. NASCAR has always done a tremendous job recognizing our military members and their families, and the commitment Comcast has to those who serve our country is incredible. We had a very strong car last week and I feel like our team is starting to click on all cylinders as we are moving forward in the season. We had some success at Daytona earlier in the year and look to build on that finish this weekend as we look for our first victory."