- 2B:I Suzuki (6, T Hanson)
- 3B:B Gardner (5, T Hanson)
- RBI:B Gardner (28), J Nix (18)
- 2Out RBI:B Gardner, J Nix
- Team RISP:1-6 (M Teixeira 0-1, C Stewart 0-1, J Nix 1-2, R Brignac 0-1, T Neal 0-1)
- Team LOB:4
- SB:J Nix (10, 2nd base off T Hanson/H Conger); C Stewart (3, 2nd base off T Hanson/H Conger); I Suzuki 2 (8, 3rd base off T Hanson/H Conger, 2nd base off T Hanson/H Conger)
- CS:I Suzuki (3, 3rd base by T Hanson/H Conger)
- DP:2 (M Teixeira-R Brignac-M Teixeira, D Adams-R Brignac-D Phelps)
|D. Phelps (L,4-4)||6.0||9||4||4||2||2||1||102-65||4.08||102|
- IBB:R Cano (By T Hanson)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:D Phelps 15-27; S Kelley 4-7; J Chamberlain 1-6
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:D Phelps 16-10-17-22; S Kelley 2-3-2-4; J Chamberlain 5-3-3-3
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:D Phelps 11-5; S Kelley 1-2; J Chamberlain 0-1
- Game Scores:D Phelps 38
- 2B:J Hamilton (13, S Kelley)
- HR:E Aybar (2, 2nd inning off D Phelps 0 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:E Aybar 2 (19), A Pujols 2 (42), J Hamilton (22), H Kendrick (35)
- 2Out RBI:E Aybar, A Pujols 2
- GIDP:A Callaspo; H Conger
- Team RISP:4-17 (H Conger 0-2, A Callaspo 0-2, M Trumbo 0-3, J Hamilton 1-3, P Bourjos 0-1, E Aybar 1-3, A Pujols 2-3)
- Team LOB:10
- SB:M Trout (15, 2nd base off D Phelps/C Stewart); P Bourjos (2, 2nd base off J Chamberlain/C Stewart)
- E:T Hanson (1, ground ball)
|T. Hanson (W,4-2)||6.1||5||2||2||1||8||0||84-54||3.94||84|
|S. Downs (H,12)||0.1||0||0||0||0||1||0||5-3||1.96||5|
|M. Kohn (H,4)||0.1||0||0||0||0||1||0||3-3||1.96||3|
|K. Jepsen (H,5)||1.0||0||0||0||0||1||0||10-6||2.70||10|
- IBB:A Pujols (By S Kelley)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:T Hanson 17-25; S Downs 1-1; M Kohn 1-1; K Jepsen 3-3; E Frieri 3-3
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:T Hanson 17-11-12-14; S Downs 1-1-1-0; M Kohn 1-1-1-0; K Jepsen 2-1-1-2; E Frieri 2-5-3-0
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:T Hanson 5-5; S Downs 0-0; M Kohn 0-0; K Jepsen 2-0; E Frieri 0-0
- Game Scores:T Hanson 62
|2nd||E Aybar homered to right (340 feet).||0||1|
|3rd||B Gardner tripled to deep right, C Stewart scored.||1||1|
|3rd||J Nix singled to left, B Gardner scored.||2||1|
|3rd||A Pujols singled to center, M Trout scored.||2||2|
|6th||E Aybar singled to left, M Trumbo scored, A Callaspo to second.||2||3|
|7th||J Hamilton doubled to right, P Bourjos scored, M Trout to third.||2||4|
|7th||H Kendrick walked, M Trout scored, J Hamilton to third, A Pujols to second.||2||5|
|8th||A Pujols singled to right center, P Bourjos scored, M Trout to third.||2||6|
St. Louis Cardinals claim baseballs are traveling less in postseason
The Cardinals say their analytics show that baseballs are traveling on average 4.5 fewer feet in the postseason than during the regular season.
David Freese, 2011 World Series MVP with Cardinals, retires after 11 seasons
David Freese, who was named MVP after his Game 6 home run kept the Cardinals alive in the 2011 World Series, has retired. He spent the final two seasons of his 11-year career with the Dodgers.
Astros go with all right-handed pitchers for ALCS; lefty Wade Miley not included
The Astros didn't include Wade Miley on their 25-man roster for the American League Championship Series, leaving them with a completely right-handed pitching staff against the Yankees.
Nats' Scherzer aims to keep Cards down in Game 2
The Washington Nationals gained the early National League Championship Series edge over the St. Louis Cardinals, and they will look to build on it behind Max Scherzer in Game 2.
Yankees include Aaron Hicks, CC Sabathia on ALCS roster
Aaron Hicks, who last played on Aug. 3 because of an elbow injury, and CC Sabathia were both among the 25 players included on the Yankees' roster for the American League Championship Series.
What's next for Braves, Dodgers, Twins and Rays after losing in LDS?
Now that they're out of October, we review what went wrong and what these teams need to do to remain contenders.