- 2B:Lawrie (27, E. Johnson)
- HR:Butler (12, 6th inning off E. Johnson 1 on, 1 Out); Smolinski (5, 9th inning off Carroll 0 on, 1 Out)
- RBI:Lawrie (58), Butler 2 (59), Smolinski (21)
- Team RISP:0-5 (Lawrie 0-1, Reddick 0-1, Sogard 0-1, Butler 0-2)
- Team LOB:8
|C. Martin (L,0-2)||3.0||6||6||6||3||2||3||63-33||16.50||63|
- HBP:Semien (By Carroll)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Martin 8-18; Venditte 1-4; Otero 4-7; León 1-3; Abad 1-3; Alvarez 1-3
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Martin 5-6-9-13; Venditte 1-0-4-1; Otero 2-0-6-7; León 1-0-0-3; Abad 1-1-5-1; Alvarez 1-1-2-3
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Martin 4-3; Venditte 0-0; Otero 4-2; León 1-2; Abad 0-2; Alvarez 1-2
- Game Scores:C Martin 22
- 2B:Saladino (5, Martin); Cabrera (33, Venditte)
- 3B:Eaton (9, Martin)
- HR:Sánchez (4, 1st inning off Martin 1 on, 0 Out); Abreu (29, 3rd inning off Martin 0 on, 1 Out); Olt (1, 4th inning off Martin 1 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:Sánchez 2 (30), Abreu 2 (93), Olt 2 (2), Cabrera 2 (70), Brantly (5)
- Team RISP:4-7 (Olt 1-2, Sánchez 1-1, Shuck 1-1, A. García 0-1, Cabrera 1-1, Brantly 0-1)
- Team LOB:5
- DP:1 (Abreu)
|E. Johnson (W,2-0)||6.0||6||3||3||3||3||1||110-70||3.71||110|
- WP:E. Johnson
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:E. Johnson 15-26; Montas 5-7; Carroll 1-6
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:E. Johnson 16-5-29-20; Montas 5-2-11-4; Carroll 3-3-3-4
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:E. Johnson 4-10; Montas 1-3; Carroll 2-0
- Game Scores:E Johnson 48
|1st||Sánchez homered to right (386 feet), Eaton scored.||0||2|
|2nd||Lawrie hit sacrifice fly to left, Canha scored.||1||2|
|3rd||Abreu homered to center (412 feet).||1||3|
|4th||Olt homered to center (448 feet), Brantly scored.||1||5|
|4th||Abreu walked, Saladino scored, Eaton to third, Sánchez to second.||1||6|
|4th||Cabrera doubled to left, Eaton and Sánchez scored, Abreu to third.||1||8|
|4th||Brantly grounded into fielder's choice to shortstop, Cabrera scored, Shuck out at second, A. García to third.||1||9|
|6th||Butler homered to center (444 feet), Canha scored.||3||9|
|9th||Smolinski homered to left (414 feet).||4||9|
Pirates pitcher Brault shows off singing voice
Pirates pitcher Steven Brault displays his singing voice by performing the national anthem before a 2018 game vs. the Brewers
Pittsburgh Pirates lefty Steven Brault makes his musical pitch
Steven Brault can make a baseball dance, but he can also make his voice sing. That's why he is not only a full-time pitcher but a part-time singer -- for now. One day, his voice, not his arm, will be his career.
Anniversary of Mets signing Seaver recalls funny Ali story for Kurkjian
On April 3, 1966, the Mets signed Tom Seaver, and that reminds Tim Kurkjian of a Seaver story that involves Dick Schaap and Muhammad Ali.
Tim Kurkjian's baseball fix: Muhammad Ali didn't know Tom Seaver was a pitcher
Tom Seaver was undeniably the best New York Mets player ever. Yet, Muhammad Ali thought he worked for a newspaper when the two met.
What happens in Cooperstown if the kids of summer can't arrive?
From the Hall of Fame to Main Street to youth camps, baseball lifts the Cooperstown economy. What would it mean to the village if there is a summer without baseball?
AJ Hinch, Dusty Baker navigating different sides of the same coin
The Houston Astros fired one manager after a sign-stealing scandal and hired the other to help the club rebound. Now both managers are finding their respective ways while baseball has been removed from circulation.