|a - F. CorderoPH||0-1||1||0||0||0||0||1||4||.000||.000||.000|
a-struck out swinging for C Richard in the 7th
- Team RISP:0-6 (Renfroe 0-1, Hedges 0-2, Córdoba 0-1, Spangenberg 0-1, Schimpf 0-1)
- Team LOB:6
- SB:Aybar (5, 2nd base off Strasburg/Wieters)
- E:Schimpf (6, throw)
- DP:1 (Spangenberg-Aybar-Solarte)
|C. Richard (L, 3-6)||6.0||10||3||3||1||5||1||113-74||4.33||113|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Richard 12/27; Stammen 5/8
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Richard 20-12-21-21; Stammen 8-3-5-4
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Richard 9-2; Stammen 1-2
- Game Scores:C Richard 44
- 2B:Werth (5, Richard); Rendon (10, Richard)
- HR:Taylor (4, 6th inning off Richard 1 on, 1 Out)
- RBI:Harper (41), Taylor 2 (13)
- Team RISP:1-9 (Rendon 0-1, Difo 0-2, Wieters 0-1, Zimmerman 0-1, Strasburg 0-1, Harper 0-1, Taylor 1-2)
- Team LOB:8
- SB:Rendon (3, 2nd base off Stammen/Hedges)
- CS:T. Turner (2, 2nd base by Richard); Werth (3, 3rd base by Richard)
- Picked Off:T. Turner (1st base by Richard)
- E:Zimmerman (6, throw); T. Turner (3, ground ball)
|S. Strasburg (W, 6-1)||7.0||3||0||0||1||15||0||108-76||2.94||108|
|M. Albers (H, 4)||1.0||0||0||0||0||1||0||12-9||1.40||12|
|K. Glover (S, 5)||1.0||0||0||0||0||1||0||12-9||2.35||12|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Strasburg 19/27; Albers 2/3; Glover 3/3
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Strasburg 25-16-24-11; Albers 2-2-3-2; Glover 3-2-2-2
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Strasburg 3-3; Albers 1-1; Glover 2-0
- Game Scores:S Strasburg 85
|3rd||Harper grounded into fielder's choice to first, Strasburg scored, Werth to third.||0||1|
|6th||Taylor homered to center (413 feet), Rendon scored.||0||3|
Former Kansas City Royals owner David Glass dies at 84
David Glass, who bought the Kansas City Royals in 2000, died last week at the age of 84, the team announced. Under Glass' ownership, the team reached the World Series in 2014 and won the title in 2015.
Rockies to retire Larry Walker's jersey on April 19
The Rockies will retire Larry Walker's No. 33 jersey on April 19, joining Todd Helton (17) as the only players to be so honored by the team.
Jack McDowell says Tony La Russa had sign-stealing system with White Sox in '80s
Former White Sox pitcher Jack McDowell, who never played for Tony La Russa, said a camera-aided sign-stealing system was set up by the Hall of Fame manager prior to his being fired, and that was used after McDowell made his debut in 1987.
Onley: Mets, Red Sox, Astros will have no problem replacing managers
Buster Onley breaks down the potential managerial candidates for the Mets, Red Sox and Astros after the sign-stealing scandal fallout.
Stephen A.: MLB should take away Astros' World Series trophy
Stephen A. Smith emphatically calls for the MLB to confiscate the Astros' World Series trophy and take the players' championship rings for their sign-stealing scandal.
Source: MLB ineligible list ends at death for banned players
Major League Baseball has no hold on banned players after they die, a source told ESPN, which could be significant when it comes to Hall of Fame consideration for "Shoeless" Joe Jackson and others who were banned for life and have since died.