|a - C. GimenezPH-LF||1-1||1||0||1||1||0||0||4||.207||.327||.371|
a-singled to center for B Dozier in the 8th
- HR:Polanco (5, 2nd inning off Fulmer 2 on, 1 Out); Dozier (26, 2nd inning off Fulmer 2 on, 1 Out); Buxton (9, 5th inning off Covey 0 on, 2 Out); Castro (7, 6th inning off Covey 0 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:Polanco 3 (47), Dozier 3 (71), Buxton (29), Castro (36), Gimenez (14)
- 2Out RBI:Buxton, Gimenez
- GIDP:Vargas; Rosario; Escobar
- Team RISP:4-10 (Gimenez 1-1, Rosario 0-2, Vargas 0-1, Mauer 0-1, Polanco 1-2, Dozier 2-2, Castro 0-1)
- Team LOB:4
- SB:Adrianza (8, 2nd base off Covey/Smith)
|D. Gee (W, 1-0)||6.0||2||1||1||0||4||1||69-42||2.84||69|
|T. Duffey (S, 1)||3.0||1||1||1||1||2||1||41-28||3.94||41|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Gee 9/20; Duffey 9/11
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Gee 14-4-8-16; Duffey 5-6-9-8
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Gee 6-8; Duffey 3-4
- Game Scores:D Gee 68
- 2B:L. García (14, Gee)
- HR:Delmonico (6, 5th inning off Gee 0 on, 0 Out); Engel (4, 9th inning off Duffey 0 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:Delmonico (12), Engel (12)
- Team RISP:0-1 (Sánchez 0-1)
- Team LOB:2
- E:Sánchez (8, ground ball)
- DP:3 (Sánchez-Hanson-Delmonico, Hanson-Saladino-Delmonico, Saladino-Delmonico)
- Assists:A. García (Escobar at 2nd base)
|C. Fulmer (L, 0-1)||1.1||4||6||6||3||0||2||48-27||40.50||48|
- HBP:Adrianza (By Goldberg)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Fulmer 4/12; Covey 12/17; Beck 4/6; Goldberg 2/6
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Fulmer 7-1-10-9; Covey 9-4-11-12; Beck 3-2-7-4; Goldberg 3-1-1-5
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Fulmer 1-3; Covey 8-3; Beck 3-1; Goldberg 2-2
- Game Scores:C Fulmer 19
|2nd||Polanco homered to right (402 feet), Vargas and Buxton scored.||3||0|
|2nd||Dozier homered to left center (423 feet), Castro and Adrianza scored.||6||0|
|4th||Rosario grounded into double play, second to shortstop to first, Adrianza scored, Dozier out at second.||7||0|
|5th||Buxton homered to left (374 feet).||8||0|
|5th||Delmonico homered to right (367 feet).||8||1|
|6th||Castro homered to center (421 feet).||9||1|
|8th||Gimenez singled to center, Castro scored, Adrianza to third.||10||1|
|9th||Engel homered to left (401 feet).||10||2|
Severino joining Yanks, could be 'game-changer'
Luis Severino, who has hasn't pitched since the 2018 ALDS because of rotator cuff inflammation and a lat strain, is expected to make his 2019 debut for the Yankees on Tuesday.
Brewers' Yelich won't need surgery on knee
Christian Yelich won't need surgery for his broken kneecap; he had fouled a ball of it in Tuesday's game against the Marlins.
Why unlikely ace Domingo German might be in the Yankees' bullpen this October
Only Justin Verlander has more wins than the surprising 27-year-old righty. But the biggest victories of the season are yet to come -- and German's role in the playoffs could be another twist.
Shohei Ohtani can hit, pitch -- and keep his teammates laughing
"You envy him sometimes, like, 'Damn.' He's like Superman." The Japanese star's talents aren't limited to the baseball field; he's quite a hit in the Angels' dugout and clubhouse as well.
One thing to watch for each team still in the wild-card race
Both leagues boast tight races to get into MLB's win-or-go-home games, but to get there each team still in the hunt has a key challenge.
Verlander, Astros attempt to cool surging A's
The Oakland Athletics have already established a handful of youngsters as future cornerstones of their franchise, with the emergence of catcher Sean Murphy the latest noteworthy development.