- 2B:Urshela (10, Hess)
- HR:Sánchez (14, 1st inning off Hess 2 on, 0 Out); Frazier 2 (8, 3rd inning off Hess 1 on, 2 Out, 5th inning off Hess 2 on, 2 Out)
- RBI:Sánchez 4 (30), Urshela (17), Frazier 5 (23), Torres (24)
- 2Out RBI:Urshela, Frazier (5), Torres
- Team RISP:4-7 (Sánchez 1-2, Urshela 0-2, Frazier 2-2, Torres 1-1)
- Team LOB:4
- E:Germán (2, throw)
|D. German (W, 9-1)||5.0||5||3||2||1||5||1||93-62||2.60||93|
|D. Hale (S, 1)||4.0||3||1||1||0||1||0||46-31||2.25||46|
- HBP:Alberto (by Germán)
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Hale 9/14; Germán 12/23
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Hale-12-2-4-13; Germán-10-14-22-16
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Hale 8-2; Germán 8-3
|D. Smith Jr.LF||1-4||4||0||1||0||0||1||12||.271||.311||.470|
- 2B:Davis (4, Hale)
- HR:Wilkerson (5, 5th inning off Germán 2 on, 0 Out)
- RBI:Alberto (12), Wilkerson 3 (13)
- Team RISP:2-7 (Núñez 0-2, Alberto 0-1, Ruiz 0-1, Smith Jr. 1-1, Wilkerson 1-2)
- Team LOB:6
- E:Alberto (5, dropped foul ball)
- DP:1 (Villar-Alberto-Davis)
|D. Hess (L, 1-6)||5.0||8||9||9||4||5||3||106-58||6.75||106|
- First-pitch strikes/Batters Faced:Bleier 2/3; Hess 11/26; Lucas 5/13
- Called strikes-Swinging strikes-Foul balls-In play strikes:Bleier-2-0-1-3; Hess-17-8-16-17; Lucas-9-6-10-8
- Ground Balls-Fly Balls:Bleier 3-0; Hess 2-7; Lucas 3-1
|1st||Sánchez homered to left (394 feet), LeMahieu scored and Voit scored.||3||0|
|3rd||Urshela doubled to deep left center, Hicks scored.||4||0|
|3rd||Frazier homered to center (403 feet), Urshela scored.||6||0|
|5th||Frazier homered to center (411 feet), Hicks scored and Torres scored.||9||0|
|5th||Wilkerson homered to right (370 feet), Alberto scored and Wynns scored.||9||3|
|6th||Sánchez grounded into fielder's choice to third, LeMahieu scored, Voit out at second.||10||3|
|6th||Torres singled to center, Sánchez scored, Hicks to second.||11||3|
|6th||Alberto grounded out to third, Davis scored.||11||4|
Leonys Martin signs 1-year deal to play in Japan
Former Indians outfielder Leonys Martin has signed a one-year deal with the Chiba Lotte Marines of Japan's Pacific League.
Ryu ready for second half as Dodgers battle Red Sox
For the pitching-rich Los Angeles Dodgers, Hyun-Jin Ryu's dominant first half was a revelation.
Braves, Padres turn to young arms in series finale
Having already clinched their first series win at Petco Park since April of 2011, the Atlanta Braves go for a three-game sweep Sunday in a matchup of former first-round draft picks.
Kikuchi looks to recapture early magic vs. Angels
Yusei Kikuchi will start on the mound Sunday for the Seattle Mariners against the Los Angeles Angels, and upon a closer look, one can't help but reflect on the journey of another pitcher who came to the major leagues from Japan.
A's in position to sweep visiting White Sox
Two teams sorting out bullpen options that might impact their activity at the upcoming trade deadline go head-to-head Sunday afternoon when the host Oakland Athletics go for a series sweep against the Chicago White Sox.
Astros suddenly eyeing series split with Rangers
There were enough moments of ragged play Saturday to yield belief that the Astros would indeed suffer their third series loss in as many series against the Texas Rangers in Arlington this season, with errors both mental and physical undermining every...