Will the Chicago Cubs repeat? Can the Cleveland Indians end their own championship drought? The 2017 season has arrived.
The defending champs are loaded, but they aren't our favorites to win it all. So who will lift the World Series trophy in 2017?
Will Mike Trout, Clayton Kershaw and Andrew Benintendi all run away with individual awards in 2017? Our panel makes their picks for MVP, Cy Young and Rookie of the Year.
It was almost a storybook ending for Cleveland until -- well, you know how Game 7 went. Here's how the Tribe can turn last October's misery into motivation. Bradford Doolittle
Good news, Cubs fans: 1908 is now just another number on the North Side. So what's next for the team that made the impossible happen? Stacking up to some of baseball's all-time best.
A Cubs repeat? A Nationals breakthrough? Best in the AL? We charted out the season for all 30 squads to separate the contenders from the pretenders. Preseason Power Rankings
The Cubs? Just one NL club has repeated in 95 years. The Indians? Get set for more misery. No matter how optimistic you are, your city probably isn't throwing a ticker-tape parade in 2017. Jayson Stark
Corey Seager is driven by a fear of failure. So how did he become the leader of a new generation of superstar shortstops? One sweet swing at a time. Robert Sanchez
At 19, Cuban slugger Yoan Moncada became the highest-paid prospect in MLB history. Two years later, those closest to him wonder which side will win out: the fast-living kid or the hardworking phenom. Eli Saslow
Get your calendars ready! From Opening Day showdowns and interleague intrigue to major milestones and superstar coronations, these are the dates every baseball fan should circle. David Schoenfield
More preview coverage
• Schoenfield: How can Mike Trout top Mike Trout?
• ESPN Insiders: Bullpen Power Rankings: Who can bring it late?
• ESPN Insiders: Bold predictions for all 30 teams in 2017
• Rogers: Curse-breaking Cubs not afraid to change
• Marchand: The Yankees now belong to Gary Sanchez
• Schoenfield: How to build a World Series contender in 5 easy steps
• Keating: MLB's top closers in waiting
• Schoenfield: Are the standings becoming easier to predict?
• Law: Breakout picks for 2017
• Crasnick: Is Lucas Giolito still worth the hype?