During an appearance on The MMA Hour, Hunt accused the UFC of not doing enough to combat performance-enhancing drug use in mixed martial arts. He referred to Lesnar as a "gimp" and "cheater," and urged fighters to form an association. Hunt also said the UFC had not reached out to him at all as of Monday morning, regarding his complaints.
Hunt, 42, suffered a unanimous decision defeat to Lesnar at UFC 200. Less than one week later, the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) flagged Lesnar for a potential anti-doping violation stemming from a prefight test taken on June 28. Shortly after that, the USADA revealed Lesnar failed a second test taken on fight night. Sources have informed ESPN.com that Lesnar tested positive for clomiphene, an anti-estrogen.
On Monday, Hunt went so far as to suggest the UFC might have known about Lesnar's test results but still allowed him to fight on July 9. The UFC did waive a mandatory four-month testing window for Lesnar prior to the fight, citing his unique contract situation with his primary employer, the WWE.
"What upsets me about that is, I'm just thinking maybe they knew," Hunt told The MMA Hour. "Did they know about this? Is that why they're not doing anything about it? Did they give this f---ing fool an exemption for four months because they knew about this? Because surely if they know about this, they don't give a rat's about any of us.
"'Hey man, we'll let this juiced up freaking monkey go in here and fight with this guy.' I mean, shucks, people say [I] should have a rematch with him. I wouldn't want to waste my time with that. He's rubbish."
A UFC official told ESPN.com that Vice President of Athlete Health and Performance Jeff Novitzky had "a lengthy conversation with Hunt" on Monday and that dialogue was "positive."
According to the official, the conversation was to "address Hunt's concerns with Lesnar's potential anti-doping violation, as well as the results management process related to the case."
In response to Hunt's concerns regarding the time frame in which the UFC knew of Lesnar's potential violation, the official adamantly denied any knowledge prior to July 9.
Hunt did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Lesnar, 39, has commented publicly only once since the first potential violation was announced. He told the Associated Press on July 15, "we will get to the bottom of this." His reported purse for UFC 200 was $2.5 million, although he likely made much more in undisclosed bonuses. He is facing a potential fine and suspension from the UFC and the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
The UFC's anti-doping policy went into effect in July 2015. Per that policy, a first-time offender for a performance-enhancing drug faces a two-year suspension.
Hunt (12-11) has now fought three opponents who were later flagged for doping violations. He fought Antonio Silva to a draw in 2013, after which it was revealed Silva tested positive for an elevated testosterone level on the night of the fight. In March, Hunt knocked out former champion Frank Mir, who also failed a fight night test. Mir revealed the substance he tested positive for was metabolites of an anabolic steroid.
"The best outcome is if the company that I work for says, 'you've been cheating, you lose all your [fight earnings] and since it was cheating, you get fined,'" Hunt said. "'You get sued and you get a fine. You're going straight to court, criminal court, because what you've done is an offense.' That's what I want done. So that these guys who are cheating don't have more incentive to do it, because they do it for financial gain. If you take all that away, they get nothing.
"Make them banned for five or 10 years. There goes your career. Five, 10 years, you have no career left and not only that, you lose all of your money. You're done as a fighter. That'll stop you from doing it. That's what I want to see done. I won't be part of a company who says 'we don't mind you cheating or doing this or that,' otherwise then every monkey will be [cheating]."