Less than 24 hours ago, Conor McGregor wasn't even officially scheduled to headline UFC 205 in New York.
It did not take long for the Irish star to make his presence felt.
The UFC rolled into Madison Square Garden on Tuesday to promote its UFC 205 pay-per-view event on Nov. 12. The main event, a lightweight championship fight between McGregor and Eddie Alvarez, was made official only late Monday evening.
As usual, it was McGregor who took center stage -- more so than the company's longest-tenured star, president Dana White.
McGregor (20-3) is still the promotion's featherweight champion and is vying to become just the third fighter in history to win UFC titles in multiple weight classes. He would also become the first ever to hold those titles simultaneously -- which appears to be a point of contention between him and the UFC.
"I'm gonna wrap one [belt] on one shoulder and the other on the other shoulder," McGregor said. "And you're gonna need a f---ing army to come take them belts off me."
Alvarez (28-4) referred to McGregor as "easy money," and accused him of quitting in fights. McGregor, who claimed he'll make an estimated $40 million in 2016, laughed off Alvarez's remarks and mocked his pay for the upcoming title fight (Alvarez's purse has not been publicly disclosed).
He also predicted an early finish, as he's known to do.
"I run New York," said McGregor, eliciting cheers. "I run this whole ship. Mystic Mac predicts, 'I'm gonna KO you inside one round.'
"He's very lucky to be in the position he's in. He understands that, and that's why he took this fight on the money he was on for his last fight. Just another broke bum, trying to sell some s---. We've heard it all before. It's just another broke bum, who can't afford to pay his bills."
Not everyone was amused by McGregor's shtick.
Interim featherweight champion Jose Aldo (26-2), who lost the title to McGregor via first-round KO in December, told Brazilian news outlet Combate he doesn't believe the UFC will ever force McGregor to either defend or vacate his belt. Aldo, 30, went so far as to request his release from the UFC.
UFC veteran Nate Diaz (19-11), who defeated McGregor on 11 days' notice in March before dropping a majority decision in an August rematch, referred to McGregor and Alvarez as "fake" on social media, adding that they're "up there fighting for that [No. 2] spot."
Diaz has said the only fight he'll accept is a McGregor trilogy.
McGregor, who flew in last minute from Dublin to attend the news conference, acted like a man calling his shots. He said he agreed to the Alvarez fight 10 days ago.
UFC 205 will mark the UFC's first trip to New York since a 1997 ban on professional mixed martial arts was lifted earlier this year. It will also officially mark McGregor's lightweight debut in the UFC. He was supposed to fight former champion Rafael dos Anjos in March, but that bout fell through due to injury. His two fights against Diaz were at welterweight.
"I feel 155 pounds will be the [weight class] I take over the most, so I look forward to that," McGregor said.