UFC fighter Abdul Razak Alhassan has been found not guilty of sexual assault by a jury in Tarrant County, Texas, his attorney confirmed to ESPN on Friday.
In 2018, Alhassan was accused of raping two women at one of the women's homes after a party at a bar. The trial had started earlier this week, and the jury reached its decision Friday, attorney Brandon Barnett said.
"We're just very relieved," Barnett said. "We've been waiting for this day for a very long time. He's been eager to have this case go to trial, so he could clear his name. We're thrilled with the verdict, but we waited a long time for this day."
Alhassan was working as a bouncer at the Varsity Tavern in Fort Worth, Texas, on March 23, 2018. There was a party that night at the bar, and Alhassan was accused of taking two women to one of the women's homes and sexually assaulting both of them.
Alhassan denied the allegations, saying the sex was consensual.
Alhassan, 34, is expected to resume his UFC career, Barnett said. He has not fought since a 43-second knockout win over Niko Price at UFC 228 on Sept. 8, 2018.
Alhassan was indicted in Tarrant County later that month.
Alhassan (10-1) had won three straight fights and four of five in the UFC. He has finished all of his UFC wins and was considered a future star in the promotion's welterweight division.
"It's been terrible for him that his career has been on hold for two years," Barnett said. "Again, we're thrilled for the verdict today. We hope he can get everything back on track. Before this all happened, he was definitely on the rise."
Alhassan's coach Steven Wright wrote Friday on Twitter: "We are free to go back to life."