Man arrested in connection with Pacers incident

INDIANAPOLIS -- A man was charged with criminal recklessness for a fight outside a strip club in which police say
Indiana Pacers guard Stephen Jackson fired a gun in the air, was
slugged in the mouth and hit by a car.

Deon Willford was arrested Tuesday on felony counts of criminal
recklessness and leaving the scene of a personal injury accident,
and a misdemeanor count of driving without a license, police said.

The 23-year-old Willford drove the car that hit Jackson, said
police spokesman Sgt. Matthew Mount. Other details of the fight
could be released this week if police wrap up their investigation,
Mount said.

Willford was being held at the Marion County Jail on $100,000
bond. Roger Rayl, a spokesman for the Marion County prosecutor's
office, said no court appearances had been scheduled yet for

Police also questioned another Indianapolis man, who was later
released. Police were still looking for a possible third person who
had been with the other two men at the time.

Four Pacers were involved in the mayhem at Club Rio early
Friday. Police said Jackson fired a gun in the air in apparent
self-defense and was struck by a car that sent him tumbling onto
the hood.

Coach Rick Carlisle said Saturday that Jackson and teammates
Jamaal Tinsley, Marquis Daniels and Jimmie Hunter committed an
"error in judgment" by staying out late during training camp but
he was relieved no one was seriously injured.

Police said they found a small amount of marijuana in the
passenger-side door of point guard Tinsley's car. But no arrests
were made because there were three others in Tinsley's car and
police could not determine who had the marijuana, authorities said.

Jackson was expected at Pacers practice Tuesday for the first
time since the fight.

The Indianapolis Star reported on Monday that Jackson has had his probation extended one year after he did not complete the terms of the sentence he received for the 2004 brawl at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

Oakland County (Mich.) assistant prosecutor John Pietrofesa told the paper that last week's incident had no bearing on his decision because no charges were filed.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.