By now you've probably seen the Los Angeles Clippers' new uniforms. I didn't like them, and you probably didn't either, at least judging by all the responses I've seen via email and social media. Many of you went as far as to say, "I could come up with a better design myself."
Now's your chance to do precisely that.
With the Clippers' new look seemingly destined to go down as a classic of the "What were they thinking?" genre, we're challenging Uni Watch readers to submit their best designs for the visual direction the Clippers should have taken. As we have done in the past, we'll feature the best entries here.
The ground rules are as follows:
• Your entry must include a primary logo and full home and road uniforms. If you like, you can include secondary logos and up to two alternate uniforms, but those aren't required. (If you omit these extra elements, it will not be counted against you. We're looking for quality here, not quantity.)
• Your designs can be created in any digital or analog medium (Illustrator, Photoshop, crayon, whatever) and can be submitted in any standard digital format (JPG, PDF, TIFF, etc.). You can also create a video presentation and upload it to YouTube if you like.
• The files you submit should be named after yourself (PaulLukas.jpg, for example). If you're submitting multiple files, please number them (PaulLukas1.jpg, PaulLukas2.jpg, etc.) or use some other designation (PaulLukas-homeuni.jpg, PaulLukas-logo.jpg, etc.). Files that don't follow this format will not be considered.
• In keeping with longstanding Uni Watch chromatic policy, entries including even a hint of the color purple will not be accepted.
• Email your entry to Uni Watch HQ. If you have more than one concept, feel free to enter as many times as you like.
• Deadline: 7 p.m. ET July 3.
The best entries will be showcased in an upcoming Uni Watch column. Get crackin'!