We asked the ESPN Forecast team to rank its top three choices for the 2015-16 NBA Rookie of the Year, with a first-place vote receiving five points, a second-place vote receiving three and a third-place vote receiving one. (Here's how ESPN Forecast works.)
Rookie of the year projections
- JuMu (@JuMuJazz) August 19, 2015
#ESPNForecast Okafor will win ROY. This guy is the type of player that can turn a franchise around.
- Chip (@TheFightJournal) August 20, 2015
- Chad Ford (@chadfordinsider) August 19, 2015
After an up and down season in China, and the Lawson departure, Mudiay is going to get burn and is a serious ROY Contender #ESPNForecast
- David Ray (@DR_NBADraft) August 19, 2015
D'Angelo Russell could end up being the best player in the draft in 3-4 years. Huge upside, the Lakers made a great pick. #ESPNForecast
- Jacob Barber (@The_Only_Jake) August 19, 2015
- Owen Schwalb (@odawggong) August 19, 2015
Justice Winslow at #5 for ESPN's ROY race. Lots of talent/upside but playing behind a healthy Bosh & Whiteside will limit mins #ESPNForecast
- Henry Hornecker (@HenryEbright503) August 19, 2015
Others receiving votes: Myles Turner (Pacers) 3, Mario Hezonja (Magic) 3, Willie Cauley-Stein (Kings) 1, Kristaps Porzingis (Knicks) 1, Devin Booker (Suns) 1, Stanley Johnson (Pistons) 1.