The NBPA issued a statement Tuesday that said, "Our top priority is Chris' health and well-being. We have spoken with Chris and his agent, and have reached out to the Miami Heat. We are hopeful that all parties involved can meet as soon as possible to resolve the situation."
Bosh, who joined the Heat for their playoff game Tuesday night against the Toronto Raptors, asked for union help within the week, according to Windhorst.
Last week, Bosh and his wife appeared to break weeks of silence about his status with the Heat with social media posts that reaffirmed his desire to return to the court. But the Heat restated their position that there are no plans for Bosh to play.
Bosh's wife, Adrienne, who is active on social media and in the Miami community, started a #BringBoshBack hashtag on Twitter and retweeted several tweets from media members about how the Heat missed Bosh during their first-round series with the Charlotte Hornets. Later, Bosh sent out a video on Snapchat of himself shooting in an empty AmericanAirlines Arena with the message, "Still got it."
The coordinated effort followed two losses to the Hornets to even that series 2-2. Bosh was in Charlotte with the team but has avoided interviews for months.
After the posts, the Heat repeated their position since February as team spokesman Tim Donovan told ESPN, "There is no update. He is still out indefinitely."
Bosh and the Heat have been in an unusual stalemate since March 10, when Bosh released a statement from his personal public relations firm saying, "I remain positive that I will be able to return this season."
The team has never officially given a reason for Bosh's absence, and coach Erik Spoelstra and president Pat Riley have not echoed Bosh's position that he will play again this season.
Bosh, 32, suffered blood clots in his lungs in 2015 that ended his season as he recovered. He was placed on blood-thinning medication that made it impossible for him to play contact basketball.
He played 53 games this season, averaging 19.1 points and 7.4 rebounds.