The second round of the 2020 NBA playoffs is complete. The Miami Heat pulled off a stunning upset of the top-seeded Milwaukee Bucks, winning the series in five games. In the next round, the Heat will face the Boston Celtics, who defeated the defending champion Toronto Raptors in a hard fought Game 7.
Over in the West, the top-seeded Los Angeles Lakers dispatched of the Houston Rockets in five games and will face the Denver Nuggets, who pulled off a second consecutive comeback from 3-1 down to defeat the LA Clippers, who still have never advanced to the conference finals.
Miami Heat (5) def. Milwaukee Bucks (1), 4-1
Giannis-less Bucks eliminated by Heat in Game 5
The Miami Heat, led by Jimmy Butler, advance to the Eastern Conference finals as they come back to beat Milwaukee 103-94.
Game 1: Heat 115, Bucks 104
Game 2: Heat 116, Bucks 114
Game 3: Heat 115, Bucks 100
Game 4: Bucks 118, Heat 115 OT
Game 5: Heat 103, Bucks 94
• Butler: Best performances yet to come for Heat
• Bontemps: Giannis and the Bucks are now on the clock
• Marvin Williams retires from NBA after 15 seasons
• Arnovitz: How the Milwaukee Bucks lost momentum
• Pelton: Why Giannis isn't the MVP of the playoffs
Boston Celtics (3) def. Toronto Raptors (2), 4-3
Celtics punch ticket to ECF with wire-to-wire win in Game 7
Led by Jayson Tatum's 29 points, the Celtics take down the Raptors in Game 7 to set up a conference finals showdown vs. the Heat.
Game 1: Celtics 112, Raptors 94
Game 2: Celtics 102, Raptors 99
Game 3: Raptors 104, Celtics 103
Game 4: Raptors 100, Celtics 93
Game 5: Celtics 111, Raptors 89
Game 6: Raptors 125, Celtics 122 2OT
Game 7: Celtics 92, Raptors 87
• Siakam: I take a lot of blame for Raptors' ouster
• Smart's late block helps Celtics eliminate Raptors
• NBA debate: Predictions for Game 7
• Bontemps: No one expected the Raptors to be here
• NBA faults lack of foul on Walker's late layup miss
Los Angeles Lakers (1) def. Houston Rockets (4), 4-1
Lakers thrash Rockets in drama-filled Game 5, advance to WCF
Led by LeBron James' near-triple-double, the Lakers pummel the Rockets by double digits to advance to the Western Conference finals.
Game 1: Rockets 112, Lakers, 97
Game 2: Lakers 117, Rockets 109
Game 3: Lakers 112, Rockets 102
Game 4: Lakers 110, Rockets 100
Game 5: Lakers 119, Rockets 96
• MacMahon: Mike D'Antoni might go, but Rockets' small ball is here to stay
• Marks: Next for the Houston Rockets
• LeBron James leads Lakers to conference finals
• McMenamin: Inside LeBron's super-effective go-to move
• Shelburne: Lakers embrace D'Antoni's vision, out-small ball Rockets
Denver Nuggets (3) def. LA Clippers, 4-3
Murray, Jokic lead Nuggets to stunning Game 7 win vs. Clippers
Jamal Murray pours in a game-high 40 points and Nikola Jokic tallies a triple-double as the Nuggets overcome a 3-1 deficit and advance to the Western Conference finals.
Game 1: Clippers 120, Nuggets 97
Game 2: Nuggets 110, Clippers 101
Game 3: Clippers 113, Nuggets 107
Game 4: Clippers 96, Nuggets 85
Game 5: Nuggets 111, Clippers 105
Game 6: Nuggets 111, Clippers 98
Game 7: Nuggets 104, Clippers 89
• Nuggets silence critics with historic 3-1 comeback
• Rivers on Clippers' demise: 'I'll take any blame'
• NBA Twitter shows no mercy to Clippers as Nuggets advance
• Windhorst: This stunning failure has the Clippers' on the clock
• Marks: Next for the LA Clippers