LeBron James will now face off against his former team, after the Miami Heat defeated the Boston Celtics in six games to win the Eastern Conference for the first time since 2014, when James was still in Miami.
Latest news and analysis
• Real or Not: Anthony Davis for Finals MVP? A glimpse into the East's future?
• What's behind the increased use of zone defense in the playoffs?
• Goldsberry: NBA playoff success has never been so dependent on 3s
• Experts' picks for the conference finals
• Players say Breonna Taylor ruling by grand jury 'wasn't enough'
• NBA players to wear 'VOTE' warm-up shirts
Eastern Conference Finals
Miami Heat (5) def. Boston Celtics (3), 4-2
Celtics, Heat hug it out after tough-fought series
The Miami Heat dribble out the clock and congratulate the Celtics on a tough Eastern Conference Finals.
• Heat oust Celtics emphatically, advance to Finals
• Marks: Next moves for the Celtics
• Andrews: The bubble's best barista battle
• Arnovitz: The Celtics stopped sleepwalking in Game 5
• The embodiments of Miami Heat culture
• How the Heat's unsung heroes gave Miami a 3-1 lead
• Friedell: Inside the evolving conversation surrounding Jimmy Butler
• Holmes: Jaylen Brown is a player for this moment
• Lowe: How the Miami Heat made this incredible turnaround
• NBA players react to Bam Adebayo's epic Game 1 block
Western Conference Finals
Los Angeles Lakers (1) def. Denver Nuggets (3), 4-1
LeBron scores nine straight points in the fourth
LeBron James turns it on in the fourth quarter as he scores nine straight points in an attempt to close out the Denver Nuggets in Game 5.
• Shelburne: Don't take LeBron James for granted in 2020
• LeBron James says his tenth NBA Finals is meaningless without a win
• Jamal Murray struggles through injury in Game 5
• LeBron closes out Nuggets, puts Lakers in Finals
• Marks: Next moves for the Nuggets
• LeBron on guarding Murray: 'It was winning time'
• Howard starts, gets double-double in Lakers' win
• Woodyard: Nuggets-Lakers is putting on for Flint
• What it took for Anthony Davis to get to this moment
• Shelburne: How the Lakers became the NBA's no-drama team