ESPN.com and the TrueHoop Network are ranking every NBA player -- and counting them down on Twitter (@NBAonESPN), from No. 500 to No. 1. As the rankings are announced, you can also find them here on the pages of ESPN.com.
We have already announced 401-500, 351-400, 301-350, 251-300, 201-250, 181-200, 161-180, 141-160, 121-140, 101-120, 91-100, 81-90, 71-80 and 61-70 and will count down the rest one at a time on Twitter, for several weeks.
What is #NBArank?
#NBArank is the Twitter hashtag to use if you want to get involved in the discussion or just follow along.
You can also follow along here: @NBAonESPN
How did we rank the players?
We asked 91 experts to rate each player on a 0-to-10 scale, in terms of "the current quality of each player."
Here is the full list of voters from ESPN.com, the TrueHoop Network, TrueHoop TV, Daily Dime Live, ESPN TV, ESPN Radio, ESPN Deportes, espnW, ESPN The Magazine, ESPN Insider, ESPN Fantasy, ESPN Games, ESPN Dallas, ESPN Los Angeles, ESPN Chicago, ESPN New York, ESPN Stats & Information, ESPN Topics and ESPN Analytics.
To decide which players to rank, we started with every player who played in the league last season, and then eliminated players who had signed overseas contracts that made them ineligible for the 2011-12 NBA season. Then we added the 60 members of the 2011 draft class, eliminating those not likely to play in the NBA by 2012. That left 500 players, according to our best information as of Aug. 15.
• Wednesday, Sept. 28: Players 91 to 100 announced
• Thursday, Sept. 29: Players 81 to 90 announced
• Friday, Sept. 30: Players 71 to 80 announced
• Monday, Oct. 3: Players 61 to 70 announced
• Tuesday, Oct. 4: Players 51 to 60 announced
Utah Jazz | C | Age: 26
Drafted: 15th in 2004 (by BOS)
Houston Rockets | PF | Age: 31
Drafted: 56th in 2002 (by SAS)
G.S. Warriors | C | Age: 28
Drafted: 30th in 2005 (by NYK)
Dallas Mavericks | SG | Age: 34
Drafted: 10th in 1999 (by ATL)
OKC Thunder | PF | Age: 22
Drafted: 24th in 2008 (by SEA)
Utah Jazz | PF | Age: 26
Drafted: 47th in 2007 (by UTH)
OKC Thunder | SG | Age: 22
Drafted: 3rd in 2009 (by OKC)
Por. Trail Blazers | SG | Age: 27
Drafted: 6th in 2006 (by MIN)
Milwaukee Bucks | PG | Age: 22
Drafted: 10th in 2009 (by MIL)
* Player committed to playing overseas in 2011-12
* Score: Tiebreakers are first based on percentage points; scores have been rounded off. The second tiebreaker is based on John Hollinger's Estimated Wins Added for the 2010-11 NBA season (rookies were given an EWA of zero).