When I went through my 2020 NFL Mock Draft 3.0 last week, I had a tough time finding a spot for Utah State's Jordan Love, my fourth-ranked quarterback. Could he go in the top 10? What about the top 20? Because I can't project trades for quarterback-needy teams, I couldn't find the perfect fit and eventually pegged him to the Patriots at No. 23.
But when Round 1 of the 2020 NFL draft begins on April 23, Love is going to go higher than No. 23 -- there's no question. So because I have some time on my hands, I wanted to go through an exercise and see what happens when I project Love to go higher, and how all of the picks change underneath. Even changing just one pick can cause chaos.
My colleague Todd McShay thinks Love will be the third quarterback off the board, but I don't see it. And as the top 10 stands now, I don't see Love breaking in. So let's skip the top 10 picks and check out 11-32.
My projected top 10 picks
1. Cincinnati Bengals: Joe Burrow, QB, LSU
2. Washington Redskins: Chase Young, DE, Ohio State
3. Detroit Lions: Jeff Okudah, CB, Ohio State
4. New York Giants: Isaiah Simmons, OLB, Clemson
5. Miami Dolphins: Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
6. Los Angeles Chargers: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon
7. Carolina Panthers: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn
8. Arizona Cardinals: Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
9. Jacksonville Jaguars: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina
10. Cleveland Browns: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville