Arrest warrant for Titans' Reynolds to be withdrawn

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans linebacker Robert Reynolds and his estranged wife say Ohio authorities have agreed to
withdraw an arrest warrant issued against him after a weekend
incident led to misdemeanor domestic violence charges.

"It has been agreed that the warrant will be withdrawn as
expeditiously as allowed by Ohio law, but that may not occur until
later this week. The City of Upper Arlington is fully satisfied
with the terms of the withdrawal as we understand them," the
Reynoldses said in the statement. The couple had begun divorce
proceedings that were expected to be final next week.

A telephone message left at the city attorney's office was not
immediately returned Tuesday night.

Reynolds left the scene of the incident Saturday night and the
warrant was issued, but the couple said Tuesday that authorities
were not actively searching for Reynolds because they knew his
whereabouts and were working to resolve the charges.

Jennifer Reynolds told police Saturday night she did not want to
press charges after she said Reynolds pushed her against a wall
with both hands.

She was not hurt and her husband left the scene before police
arrived. An officer filed complaints of domestic violence, assault
and criminal damaging that she refused to sign.

She told police that her husband, who she said had started
drinking Saturday morning, had driven to Upper Arlington in
suburban Columbus that night to visit their 2-year-old son. They
were watching TV when Reynolds found another man's number in her
cell phone.

She told police her husband threw the phone against the living
room wall and destroyed it before punching a hole in the wall. She
followed him outside, where he shoved her with both hands, causing
her to fall against a wall.

She said she was afraid because her husband is 6-foot-3 and 247
pounds and has a "violent past." She told police this wasn't the
first time Reynolds had been violent, although only one report was
previously filed with authorities.

In the joint statement, the couple apologized to their friends,
family, Ohio State University and the Titans for the resulting
publicity. They also said the incident was blown out of proportion.

"We were just trying to spend time together with our son, and
we're very sorry that this happened. Robert and I are working
through this incident together, and I am not pressing charges,"
Jennifer Reynolds said.

The Titans had no comment Tuesday when asked about the warrants.

The Titans did not play Sunday, and coach Jeff Fisher gave his
players five days off as a reward for their first victory. They are
not due back in Nashville until Wednesday.

Reynolds, a fifth-round pick out of Ohio State in 2004, was
suspended in 2003 for a game after he jammed his fingers into the
throat of Wisconsin quarterback Jim Sorgi and choked him, knocking
Sorgi out of the game. Reynolds apologized three days later with
his wife at his side.