Six of the bullet casings found after an April 29 shooting near Marvin Harrison's car wash and garage came from a gun that belongs to the Colts wide receiver, Philadelphia police sources told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.
Police returned to the scene of the crime Monday to examine bullet holes in two residences after new information was provided to police by an alleged third victim of the shooting.
Harrison's representatives say Harrison was not present during the shooting incident, and that his gun was not involved. Monday, Harrison's attorney declined comment. Police say they have no suspects in the case.
The case is being taken over by Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham.
The Indianapolis Colts star receiver was interviewed by police about last week's shooting, but Harrison was neither arrested nor charged.
"He was interviewed," Lt. Frank Vanore said Friday. "Why he was interviewed, that is all part of the investigation. No one is a suspect."
Harrison's agent, Tom Condon, told ESPN's Chris Mortensen on Friday: "I've spoken with Marvin and I've spoken with his attorney, and they say the reports are erroneous. Marvin was not involved in any shooting, and he is not the subject of this investigation."
Condon declined to answer any other questions.
A source told the Philadelphia Daily News that Harrison, during an interview with police, later admitted to being in a fistfight on April 29, but the Colts receiver said he wasn't involved in the shooting.
A source told 610 WIP radio in Philadelphia that the victim came into Playmakers -- a bar owned by Harrison that is about a half-mile from his car wash -- about 5 p.m. and engaged in an argument with Harrison. The victim then left the bar, heading to his car, with Harrison following. Gunfire broke out and the victim was hit in the hand.
A source told the Philadelphia Daily News that a 2-year-old boy suffered a cut under his eye from glass that shattered when an errant bullet hit a car windshield, according to police.
Police came to the scene, but the victim did not identify a shooter.
On Wednesday of last week, according to the WIP report, a source said ballistic tests showed that the gun that had fired the shots was a custom-made Belgian weapon, and police determined that Harrison owned such a gun. A source told ESPN.com's John Clayton that the gun is registered.
Police then went to the Philadelphia car wash owned by Harrison to question him about the gun. Harrison admitted owning such a weapon but claimed it never left his suburban Philadelphia home.
However, WIP's source said the gun was discovered in a bucket at the car wash, and tests showed that it had fired seven bullets that matched those found at the scene.
Harrison, a prep football star at Philadelphia's Roman Catholic High, has owned Playmakers since July 2004, according to state records.
Harrison has played his entire 12-season career with the Colts and is the franchise's record holder in every major receiving category: receptions (1,042), yards (13,944), touchdowns (123) and 100-yard games (59). The 35-year-old is one of only four players in league history to top 1,000 receptions.
But after eight consecutive Pro Bowl appearances, last season was the most frustrating of Harrison's career.
He injured his left knee against Denver on Sept. 30, missed all but five games and finished with 20 receptions for 247 yards and one TD.
Off the field, Harrison was sued after the 2005 Pro Bowl when three boys accused him of attacking them when they tried to get his autograph. The suit alleged Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys, but it was later dismissed.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.