Lewan, appearing in Michigan's 15th district court, requested the adjournment to continue to investigate the report. The hearing has been scheduled for June 16. The Titans' first minicamp is scheduled to start June 17.
Lewan is charged with one count of misdemeanor aggravated assault and two counts of assault and battery.
He was released on a $5,000 personal recognizance bond, is not allowed to have contact with alleged victims and must refrain from alcohol or drug use.
Lewan, through his attorney John Shea, declined to comment.
The case stems from an alleged fight early in the morning of Dec. 1, 2013 -- the day following the Michigan-Ohio State game. The Ann Arbor News reported two Ohio State fans alleged they were assaulted by Lewan.
In February at the NFL combine, Lewan proclaimed his innocence.
"I went over the Ohio State incident once before. I wasn't in any fight of any kind," Lewan said. "I was actually breaking something up and some guy said I slugged him, but that's not who I am off the field, that's not the kind of person I am.
"It might seem that way because of the way I play football, but that's not the way I am as a person."
Lewan was drafted 11th overall by Tennessee last month and is expected to compete for a starting tackle spot this fall. He started 48 games at Michigan and was named the Big Ten's offensive lineman of the year in 2012 and 2013.
He bypassed potentially being a top draft pick in 2012 to return for his senior season.