The Broncos are not dismissing the possibility of signing Incognito later on, but they won't make a move now after having him in for a workout Monday, sources said.
Incognito has not played in the NFL since the Miami Dolphins suspended him in November 2013. A league investigation determined that Incognito and two other Dolphins offensive linemen engaged in persistent harassment of teammate Jonathan Martin, who left the team in October 2013.
The Broncos researched Incognito as a potential late-season addition in 2013 in the event that the Dolphins would release him after his four-week suspension ended, sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. However, the league, the team and Incognito worked out an agreement that he would remain suspended with pay for the remainder of the season.
Incognito became a free agent when his contract with the Dolphins expired.
Louis Vasquez, an All-Pro guard last season, moved from right guard to right tackle, Manny Ramirez moved from center to right guard and Will Montgomery started his first game for the Broncos at center. Paul Cornick, who had started three games at right tackle, injured his right shoulder in practice last week, but the Broncos were poised to make the changes before Cornick was injured.
Information from ESPN.com Broncos reporter Jeff Legwold and ESPN's Adam Schefter is included in this report.