Browns O-line coach Andy Moeller under investigation for alleged assault

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns offensive line coach Andy Moeller is being investigated for allegedly assaulting a female guest at his home, sources familiar with the situation said Monday.

Berea prosecutor Jim Walters said Tuesday that the investigation is ongoing and would be "likely to continue for a number of days" before he decides whether to press charges.

According to the Berea Police Department report about the incident -- released Tuesday with names redacted because no charges had yet been filed -- officers were dispatched at 9:06 p.m. Saturday to a home where a woman alleged she had been assaulted.

The report states the woman was waiting on the street when police arrived. Police spoke to the woman and Moeller, and received "conflicting stories of what had occurred," the report states.

The report states no injuries were observed, but the woman was taken at her request to a hotel and was told that the information she provided would be given to the prosecutor.

At midnight, the woman called and said she wanted to file charges and had an injury. She signed an assault complaint with police present. At 7:55 that morning, however, the woman made another call to the police to say she wanted to drop the assault charge. Police said she completed a second statement form, and was advised the original complaint would be given to the prosecutor for review.

Moeller, 51, was not arrested, but he was suspended indefinitely by the Browns on Monday afternoon.

"Over the weekend, Andy was involved in an incident, involving allegations that we take very seriously," the team's release stated. "We have followed our internal protocol, determining that right now it is best for the team and for Andy to take time away from the organization to focus on his personal matters. We are going to respect the process of investigation on this personal matter and will have no further comment at this time."

Browns head coach Mike Pettine said he would not comment on the incident.

Left tackle Joe Thomas said Moeller was in the building Monday morning.

"[Moeller] just told us he was dealing with some personal things and might be gone for a while," Thomas said. "That's all we heard."

Moeller is in his second season with Cleveland following six with the Ravens. During his time in Baltimore, Moeller was suspended two games by the NFL and fined $47,000 in 2011 following a drunken-driving conviction.