Richie Incognito charged with disorderly conduct, making threats

Former NFL offensive lineman Richie Incognito was arrested Monday in Scottsdale, Arizona, on misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and making threats at a funeral home where his father's body was being held.

According to a police report released Tuesday, Incognito entered Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary and began acting erratically around four employees. Police were called when Incognito made his hand into the shape of a gun and told one of the employees he had a "truck full of guns" in the parking lot.

Police later found two Glock pistols, a handgun silencer and three rifles in Incognito's vehicle. He told police he had necessary permits for the weapons. A spokesperson for Scottsdale police said Wednesday that Incognito's five guns were legally owned and he will receive them back at "the end of the court process."

According to police, Incognito "appeared to lack concentration and was unable to maintain a coherent thought. Rather, he appeared to ramble about numerous things that did not correlate."

Police also noted Incognito's "moods were erratic as he would be very respectful toward [the] officer at one point, and [then] immediately raise his voice and demand to be let out of the handcuffs the next."

Scottsdale police confirmed Incognito had posted $20,000 bond on Tuesday and had been released. An Aug. 27 pretrial conference in Scottsdale Municipal Court is scheduled.

Incognito announced Sunday on Twitter that his father had died Saturday.

A funeral home employee told police that Incognito's family was not going to allow him to attend the funeral and that Incognito was not cooperating with his brother in signing paperwork to have their father's body cremated.

After entering the funeral home Monday, Incognito began "talking about a lot of random things that did not make sense," an employee told police. Incognito then "walked around the funeral home, punching caskets and throwing things." At one point, he told the employees he wanted them to cut his father's head off for research purposes.

Incognito later entered the office of the funeral home and saw his father's funeral was scheduled for Friday.

According to the police report, he later signed the cremation paperwork but then told the employees he wanted to buy a casket and have his father buried. When the employees were showing Incognito the caskets, he took an urn from a shelf and slammed it onto the casket. He also punched a printer in the funeral home's office, an employee said.

Incognito later began talking to an employee about his guns while making the shape of a gun with his hand and pointing it at the employee. That employee then ran to a secured room downstairs. He later told police he thought Incognito was going to kill him.

This is the second time Incognito has been in police custody since being released from the Buffalo Bills' retired list in May.

Two days after being released by the Bills, Incognito was taken into custody after a disturbance at a Boca Raton, Florida, gym, during which police believed Incognito to be in an "altered, paranoid state." An incident report obtained by ESPN said Incognito threw items at gym employees and patrons and "believed ordinary citizens were government officials that were tracking and recording him."

Under Florida's Baker Act, Incognito was not arrested but was taken by Boca Raton police for an involuntary psychiatric commitment for people seen as a danger to themselves or others.

Incognito, 35, told The Associated Press in June that he was back home training in Arizona after spending three days in a mental hospital. He told TMZ Sports earlier this month that he had received calls from the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks, but Vikings coach Mike Zimmer later called that "totally false."

After calling Zimmer a "liar" in a profanity-laced tweet, Incognito later tweeted an apology to Zimmer.

The controversial offensive lineman was at the center of an investigation into the bullying of former Miami Dolphins teammate Jonathan Martin in 2013, which led to a three-month suspension for Incognito. In July, Incognito was named the "first national ambassador" of Boo2Bullying, a nonprofit anti-bullying organization based in Los Angeles.

ESPN's Courtney Cronin contributed to this report.