Patriots fan who threw beer on Tyreek Hill is charged

Hill wants fan who threw beer at him prosecuted (1:38)

Adam Schefter, Ryan Clark and Tim Hasselbeck react to Tyreek Hill wanting prosecution for a fan who threw beer on him during a game. (1:38)

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- A fan at Gillette Stadium who threw beer on Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill is being charged with disorderly conduct and throwing an object at a sporting event.

The Foxborough Police Department announced the charges after the New England Patriots issued a statement earlier Monday saying they helped to identify the fan, banned him from the stadium and forwarded his information to law enforcement.

The incident occurred after Hill's 75-yard catch-and-run touchdown late in the fourth quarter of Sunday night's game. Hill's momentum carried him through the end zone to the barrier where fans can stand while watching the game. While some fans flipped off the receiver, another doused him with beer.

Hill's touchdown and the ensuing extra point tied the score at 40, but the Patriots marched down to kick the game-winning field goal with three seconds left.

After the game, Hill commented on the fan's behavior.

"My coach [Andy Reid] told me, 'Don't get emotional. Don't get mad about it, because it comes with the territory,'" Hill said, according to Boston.com. "I'm not mad at all."

On Monday, however, Hill's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said he was talking to the NFL and NFLPA about their legal options.

"That type of behavior is unacceptable," Rosenhaus said. "Players have to be protected. We want that fan to be prosecuted."

Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski, who also is a Rosenhaus client, took issue with the fan's response.

"That's just a little bit too crazy," Gronkowski said. "Us players are out there competing, trying to be the best we can be out there. That's just a little too much, I would say."

A spokesperson for the Foxborough Police Department said the Chiefs did not show interest in criminal prosecution of the fan, but stadium security and the police decided to pursue it.

After contacting the man, police interviewed him Monday.