Investigation involving Chiefs WR Hill underway

Investigation involving Chiefs WR Hill underway (1:05)

Kansas City Star Chiefs beat writer Brooke Pryor reports no charges have been filed against Tyreek Hill after an incident where his 3-year-old son's arm was broken. (1:05)

An investigation is underway into an alleged battery involving a juvenile at the home of Kansas City Chiefs star wide receiver Tyreek Hill.

In a statement Friday, the Chiefs acknowledged an investigation involving Hill is taking place.

"The club is aware of the investigation involving Tyreek Hill," the Chiefs said. "We're in the process of gathering information and have been in contact with the league and local authorities. We'll have no further comment at this time."

Overland Park police officer John Lacy said the case has been turned over to prosecutors for review. No charges have been filed against Hill, and Johnson County prosecutor's spokeswoman Kristi Bergeron didn't immediately return a phone message seeking comment.

According to a police report obtained by KCTV, police in Overland Park, Kansas, were called to Hill's home Thursday to investigate an alleged battery in which a juvenile was a victim and Hill's fiancée is listed as "others involved." Hill was not listed on the report.

Officers were previously called to Hill's address March 5 to investigate a report of child abuse or neglect. Hill's name was listed on that report. According to Overland Park police, the case was closed three days later when prosecution was declined.

The Kansas Department of Children and Families also told the Kansas City Star that it is investigating the most recent incident.

"I can only confirm we received a report and an investigation is ongoing," said Mike Deines, spokesperson for DCF, told the Star.

While at Oklahoma State, Hill was convicted of domestic assault for an incident in which he was accused of punching and choking his girlfriend. He was given three years of probation and ordered to undergo anger management classes.

He completed probation in 2018 and his conviction was dismissed.