Cowboys LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck), DE Robert Quinn (rib) ruled out

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys linebacker Leighton Vander Esch did not express any concern that a neck injury that knocked him out of Sunday's 37-10 win against the Philadelphia Eagles will be an issue going forward.

"I would've kept playing if it was up to me," Vander Esch said after the game.

Vander Esch watched the second half on the sideline in street clothes and said he would not get further tests on Monday, just normal treatment.

Vander Esch went to the ground as Dallas Goedert converted a pass into a first down while being tackled by safety Jeff Heath. Vander Esch was slow to get up, but he always appeared to have movement in his arms and legs.

He was able to walk off the field after being examined by the medical staff and headed to the locker room after being looked at inside the medical tent.

"I think the running back pushed me in the back and made me kind of not tackle right," Vander Esch said.

Defensive end Robert Quinn, who leads the Cowboys in sacks with six, did not play in the second half either because of a rib injury. He was scheduled for X-rays after the game.

Vander Esch entered the game as the Cowboys' leading tackler with 60, according to the coaches' count. Sean Lee replaced Vander Esch and tied for the team lead in tackles with Jaylon Smith with seven.

The Cowboys have their bye next week and return Nov. 4 against the New York Giants.

The Cowboys had six key contributors enter Sunday's game questionable because of injury but still take the field: tackles Tyron Smith (ankle) and La'el Collins (knee), guard Zack Martin (back, ankle), receivers Amari Cooper (quadriceps) and Randall Cobb and cornerback Byron Jones (hamstring).

"It's major motivation not just for me but for all the teammates in here, knowing that your guy is limping around and hurting but he still comes out and battles with you," DeMarcus Lawrence said. "Just having that fighting mentality around the team is very special."