Atlanta Falcons shut down facility after positive coronavirus test

The Atlanta Falcons shut down their facility Thursday morning after a member of their organization tested positive for COVID-19.

The Falcons, citing "an abundance of caution," announced that their operations Thursday would be conducted virtually.

A league official told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the positive test was for a Falcons personnel official, not a player.

"This decision was made in consultation with the NFL and medical officials," the Falcons said in a statement. "The health and safety of our team is our highest priority."

Sources told Schefter earlier Thursday that the Falcons had multiple positive tests for the coronavirus. One source told Schefter that there were four positive tests, but a Falcons official said the team is "not at four confirmed." The official also told Schefter that the Falcons are "still working through details."

The Falcons placed Marlon Davidson on the reserve/COVID-19 list Tuesday after, according to sources, the rookie defensive lineman tested positive for the coronavirus.

The 0-5 Falcons and interim head coach Raheem Morris are scheduled to play the Minnesota Vikings (1-4) in Minneapolis on Sunday, and there was no change regarding the status of the game as of Thursday morning, according to Schefter.

Morris took over after the Falcons fired Dan Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff following the loss to the Panthers.

Davidson, a second-round draft pick out of Auburn, played 12 defensive snaps and five snaps on special teams in his team's 23-16 loss to the Carolina Panthers on Sunday.

He was the second Falcons player to test positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the regular season. First-round draft pick A.J. Terrell, a cornerback out of Clemson, tested positive the Saturday before the Falcons' Sept. 27 home game against the Chicago Bears. Terrell, who missed two games before being activated Oct. 8, was the first NFL player to miss a game because of COVID-19.

The Falcons announced Wednesday night that they had entered the NFL's intensive protocol.