Indianapolis Colts' retests on four people come back negative for COVID-19

The Indianapolis Colts reopened their practice facility Friday after four individuals' retests for COVID-19 confirmed they were negative, the team announced.

The team had closed its facility Friday morning after initial positive tests. They involved one player and three staff members, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

Indianapolis is scheduled to have a home game Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals at 1 p.m. ET.

"After consultation with the NFL and Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Allen Sills, the team will open the practice facility this afternoon under the league's intensive protocol and will continue preparation for Sunday's game against Cincinnati," the team said in a statement.

Coach Frank Reich spoke with reporters after the facility reopened and the team had practiced. He said he found out about the initial positive test around 5 a.m. General manager Chris Ballard communicated with the NFL, while Reich notified coordinators to prepare for a game Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or even the following week.

"Players and coaches did a great job adjusting on the fly," Reich said. "Really, it was not a big deal. Internally it was about adapting and adjusting."

The Colts did not practice at full speed while operating under intensive COVID-19 protocols, and Reich said their virtual offseason readied them to get through everything that was necessary to prepare for Sunday's game.

"The virtual offseason we had made it feel like seamless," he said. "When we eventually set the schedule and we set the time for the team meeting and knew we were going to have it virtually and then come into practice, the turnaround time was pretty quick. How quickly our coaches turned install into virtual meetings was flawless. Everybody was locked in. Felt like a normal Friday meeting."

Reich said he believes the four people whose second test came back negative will be back in the building Saturday.

"You're never foolproof here. A virus is a virus," he said. "But I think our guys have done such a good job. We're not perfect, but I think we've been very diligent."

The Atlanta Falcons closed their facility Thursday following a second positive test for the coronavirus; it was reopened Friday. The Tennessee Titans played Tuesday following a 16-day layoff because of an outbreak, and the New England Patriots have twice had their original Week 5 matchup against Denver postponed following four positive coronavirus tests by players. They're set to play Sunday.

ESPN's Mike Wells and The Associated Press contributed to this report.