Bali security guard forgives David Fifita

The security guard who accused David Fifita of striking him outside a Bali nightclub has reportedly forgiven the NRL star.

Fifita remains in a Kuta jail cell after being arrested early on Saturday morning following the alleged incident outside the same nightspot at which Melbourne Storm's Nelson Asofa-Solomona landed himself in trouble last month.

Fifita's lawyer says the 19-year-old Broncos forward "doesn't remember" hitting the security guard and is confident the issue can be quickly resolved.

Bali bouncer Dani Irawan indicated he would be willing to forgive Fifita.

"He said, 'sorry, sorry'," Dani told 7news.com.au, adding that he believed Fifita was sincere.

But first he wants to meet Fifita again to ensure he is truly remorseful. It's understood there are plans for Irawan to meet with Fifita's lawyers as early as Monday.

Irawan said was shocked when Fifita, who was leaving La Favela on a motorbike taxi, allegedly punched him on the right cheek.

He also alleged that Fifita tried to jump from the motorbike to punch him again but was prevented from doing so by the bike rider.

That was when he decided to report Fifita to police.

"I just don't like to see arrogant tourists. We should give him a lesson."

Fifita was in Bali holidaying with Broncos teammate Payne Haas.

Fifita's lawyer Muhamma Rifan told reporters the incident was "not really a big case".

"It's only some misunderstanding and that we hope we can solve immediately," Rifan said.

"He doesn't remember because it was too quick and fast.

"Maybe something like that (is a) misunderstanding."

A police report obtained by the Seven Network said Fifita was not initially able to be interrogated because he was under the influence of alcohol.

It is understood Fifita could be detained for 24 hours before being named as a suspect or freed by police, meaning the teenage superstar should learn his fate later on Sunday.

The NRL said it was aware of the incident.

"The integrity unit are working with the Brisbane Broncos and authorities to determine what has happened," an NRL spokesperson told AAP.

The incident took place at the same nightspot where Asofa-Solomona was involved in a wild brawl, which resulted in a three-game ban and a suspended $15,000 fine, and comes a fortnight after Fifita captained a Junior Kangaroos team to a win over France in Wollongong.

The 19-year-old is also set to enter the final year of his NRL contract, and is widely considered the hottest free agent available for the 2021 season.

He has been linked with a number of NRL clubs, including South Sydney.