Agent: Jeneba Tarmoh could concede

Jeneba Tarmoh's agent has said that her client is ready to concede the final spot on the U.S. women's 100-meter team to Allyson Felix, but that USA Track and Field officials had advised her to sleep on the decision.

The agent also said the decision wasn't final.

"When I spoke to Jeneba (on Sunday), I got from her that she was uncomfortable with the idea of a runoff and a coin toss and that she was no longer at peace with the idea," Kimberly Holland, the agent, told ESPN's Josina Anderson. "After she spoke with me, Jeneba told Allyson how she felt. My understanding of how Jeneba left that conversation was that she wished her good luck and was conceding the 100-meter spot to Allyson."

"My plan is to call her again this morning," Holland said. "When I spoke to Jon Drummond (chairman of USA Track and Field's Athletes Advisory Committee) about it, he said let's let her sleep on it. I know this is a very tough decision for her. I want to make sure she did not make an impulse decision."

Wesley Felix, who is Allyson Felix's manager, said, "I can confirm that they had a conversation last night, and Allyson will be at the track at [8 p.m. ET] ready to run for a spot unless she has official notice from USA Track and Field that there is no runoff."

The runoff -- a winner-take-all race -- will be held at Hayward Field in Eugene, Ore. The winner earns the last U.S. spot in the event for the London Games.

Tarmoh only reluctantly agreed to the runoff in the first place. She felt that she won her spot fair and square on the track eight days ago.

"In my heart of hearts, I just feel like I earned the third spot," she said Sunday. "I almost feel like I was kind of robbed."

Tarmoh leaned across the finish line and looked up to see her name on the scoreboard in the third spot behind winner Carmelita Jeter and runner-up Tianna Madison. The 22-year-old even took a celebratory lap around the track, waving an American flag. She received a medal and conducted a news conference.

Then she found out about the dead heat. From reporters, no less.

The situation has been a debacle since Felix and Tarmoh crossed the line in an identical time of 11.068 seconds. USATF had no protocol in place to resolve such a deadlock and quickly scrambled to adopt a tiebreaking procedure.

The options were a runoff, coin flip or one athlete conceding the spot to the other.

Information from The Associated Press contributed to this report.