Barcelona coach Luis Enrique lamented the chances missed by his big-name attackers after the La Liga champions were shocked 4-1 at Celta Vigo, but admitted he's not bothered as much by losing to a team like his Wednesday night opponents.
An open and exciting game at Balaidos featured lots of chances at both ends. However Celta were the better organised and more clinical team -- and goals from Nolito, Iago Aspas (two) and substitute John Guidetti saw the Galicians to a famous victory.
Barca's superstar trio of Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar also had their opportunities, with Messi hitting the post from close range at 0-2 down, and the Brazilian's late strike counting for little in the end.
The blaugrana coach told his postmatch news conference that it had been "strange" to see his team pass up so many opportunities while Celta had taken the chances they had.
"In terms of intensity we were good," Luis Enrique said. "We had six or seven chances. It is strange that we did not take them. It took a lot for us to take a chance, considering who these players are. These situations happen and we have to resolve them.
"Football often comes down to one-on-ones and in the first half we suffered a lot. Before the 1-0 we had two or three chances and didn't score. Then came Nolito's goal in the top corner, and then another mistake in the 2-0. I congratulate Celta and urge them to keep playing like this."
Luis Enrique, who coached Celta himself during the 2013-14 campaign, praised the quality of the football played by current coach Eduardo Berizzo's side.
"Today you have seen how well Celta can play," he said. "That is why we have lost. They played a very good game, in all senses. Today you can only congratulate them. They created many chances and one on ones. They played a very good game in terms of efficiency and football. I prefer to lose to a team like Celta, with no tricks. The grass was cut, watered, a good opponent, good football. I am delighted to have formed part of the history of Celta."
There were no complaints from the Barca coach about the depth of his squad, in a week which has seen FIFA reportedly turn down a request from the Catalan club to register currently sidelined midfielder Arda Turan to play immediately.
"I have the options I have and I am delighted with this squad," he said. "This result will be very good for us to show how difficult this is. It is very hard to win this championship. Although don't think I am leaving happy with this 1-4. This will not happen many times -- and it is a test which shows us the level of our league."