Luis Suarez will miss the Copa del Rey final on May 27 after Barcelona's appeal to have his second booking from Tuesday's draw against Atletico Madrid revoked was rejected.
What's more, the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF) handed Suarez a two-game ban due to his actions after being sent off in the final minute as Barca secured a 3-2 aggregate win at Camp Nou.
After the initial appeal was rejected, Barcelona said it would now take the matter to the RFEF's appeals committee, though they've rarely been successful pursuing that route.
According to referee Jesus Gil Manzano's report, Suarez was sent off for throwing his arm in Koke's direction while tussling for the ball minutes after receiving a yellow card for a foul on Juanfran.
The Uruguayan striker's actions after being dismissed may have counted against him. Gil Manzano wrote that he delayed his exit from the pitch, ignoring the official's repeated warnings, and then wouldn't leave the tunnel area and retreat to the dressing room when asked to do so by the fourth official.
Therefore, Suarez -- along with Sergi Roberto, who was also sent off against Atletico -- will be suspended for May's final against Alaves, who beat Celta Vigo on Wednesday.
In addition, Suarez will also be banned for the first game of Spain's domestic cup competition next season.
- RFEF (@rfef) February 9, 2017
However, Sergio Busquets' yellow card for kicking the ball away -- when there were two on the pitch -- has been rescinded.
Earlier this season, Barcelona also appealed to the RFEF in a failed in an attempt to get Lionel Messi's yellow card from the game against Sevilla at the Sanchez Pizjuan rescinded.
The club said in a statement: "Barcelona will contest the two-match sanction given to Luis Suarez by the competition judge at the appeal committee.
"The argument in favour of overturning the decision is based on the fact that the Barca player didn't make 'reckless' contact with the opposition player as the referee's report states."