Bayern Munich attacker Mario Gotze is closing in on a comeback from a groin injury after resuming team training on Monday.
Gotze, 23, sustained the injury while with Germany in October and has been out of action ever since.
However, Bayern were given a boost when the former Borussia Dortmund player resumed training at the club's Sabener Strasse facilities this week.
"On Monday morning the Germany international took part in FCB team training for the first time since his severe groin muscle injury," a Bayern statement read. "Gotze completed the full session including shots on goal and a practice match without any problems."
Gotze spent time with the Bayern team during their winter training camp in Qatar, but was limited to individual workouts.
Prior to his injury, the Germany international had started in four of Bayern's eight Bundesliga matches this season, while he had scored four goals from 10 matches in all competitions.
Gotze is under contract at Bayern until 2017 and -- so far -- there have been no talks about prolonging the deal.
In January, he told Sport Bild that "everything is still open," adding that "it all depends on the plans of the club and the new coach [Carlo Ancelotti]."
Bayern have previously said that they are aware of Gotze's contract situation.