The transfer windows in Europe's top leagues are closed, but it's never too early to look forward to January. Click here to view the latest transfers, and keep up to date with the newest gossip below.
TOP STORY: Real Madrid consider world-record Mbappe bid
The youngster has been linked with a move to the Santiago Bernabeu on several occasions over the years, especially towards the end of his tenure with Monaco. In the end, he made the jump to PSG, but now the Ligue 1 champions face a battle to keep him within their ranks.
This proposed figure for a potential deal, which is tipped to take place during next summer's transfer window, would nearly double the current record set by PSG when they purchased Neymar from Barcelona for €222m back in 2017.
As reported in yesterday's Transfer Talk, PSG are ready with a move for Madrid's Vinicius Junior should Los Blancos steal away Mbappe, while they've also been linked with a move for Barcelona forward Antoine Griezmann, proving what we already knew: All's fair in the global transfer market.
22.20 BST: The Columbus Crew have acquired U.S. international midfielder Darlington Nagbe from Atlanta United for at least $1.05m in allocation money, the club announced on Wednesday. Read the full story.
21.13 BST: Mexico winger Uriel Antuna's future has been the subject of much speculation since the end of a successful debut MLS season with the LA Galaxy, but the 22-year-old's next move could be back to Mexico.
Antuna was on loan at the Galaxy from Manchester City, but admitted in an interview with TUDN that he has talked to Chivas' incoming sporting director Ricardo Pelaez and "likes the idea of returning Chivas to where they should be." The rapid forward added that he needs to speak to his family and agent to decide what to do.
Antuna isn't the only name being linked with Chivas, with El Tri attacking midfielder Victor Guzman close to signing from Pachuca, according to local Guadalajara newspaper El Informador. Fellow Pachuca player and Mexico international Erick Aguirre has also been strongly rumored to be a Chivas target.
Chivas' veteran striker Oribe Peralta was reported by ESPN Mexico to be in talks with hometown club Santos Laguna, although Santos owner Alejandro Irarragorri denied the former Mexico international is of interest.
20.06 BST: Naples daily Il Mattino writes that Napoli's slow start to the season has cost the club €75m as the values of Kalidou Koulibaly, Allan and Dries Mertens have plummeted from the offers they received for the trio in the past two transfer windows.
18.59 BST: Sixteen-year-old New York City FC right-back Joe Scally has joined Borussia Monchengladbach for a fee of around $2m with add-ons that could take it as high as $7m. Because the New York native doesn't possess a European passport, he will remain with NYCFC until he turns 18 on Dec. 31, 2020, moving to Germany in January of 2021.
17.52 BST: As Tottenham consider the future of under-pressure manager Mauricio Pochettino, the Telegraph reports that the North London club have identified Bounemouth boss Eddie Howe, RB Leipzig coach Julian Nagelsmann and England manager Gareth Southgate as potential replacements to step in at the end of the season.
16.45 GMT: Atletico Rafaela youngster Matias Godoy could be on Chelsea's list once their transfer ban is overturned/ends.
Godoy, 17, has reportedly been the subject of a £3m bid and the Argentine told TYCSports recently that he would be happy with a move to London.
"The fact that Chelsea is following me is a little moving and I take it in the best way possible but must continue to work," he said. "I am full of pride. Me and my family have made a very big sacrifice to get here. Already being in the national team is a great pride for me."
15.53 GMT: FIFA has named Arsene Wenger as their chief of global football development, world football's governing body said on Wednesday.
Wenger had been in the running to take over as Bayern Munich boss following Niko Kovac's sacking before he fell out of the running.
15.20 GMT: Bayern Munich could be going back in for Manchester City winger Leroy Sane.
Sane, 23, suffered an ACL tear in the Community Shield at the start of the season and put paid to a potential £110m move to the Bundesliga. However, Bayern board member Edmund Stoiber has revealed that the Germany international is back on the table.
"There were discussions over Sane," Stoiber confirmed to SportBild. "The unfortunate injury and the surgery he required for it broke the deal up.
'We'll see how things develop. As chairman of the advisory board and a member of the supervisory board, I have great faith in the sporting leadership. If they propose a transfer of this magnitude, that is justified."
Bayern can pay €120m to sign Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona once his one-year loan ends. But will they sign both? Or just one.
14.28 GMT: Ever wonder why Spain striker Alvaro Morata didn't do so well at Chelsea and opted to leave for Atletico Madrid? Well wonder no more.
"I was playing some games in England and I had the feeling that when I got into space, my teammates looked at me and I knew they thought I wouldn't do anything good with the ball," he told COPE. "It was driving me crazy. I had a bad time."
14.02 GMT: Unai Emery's Arsenal future is up in the air but will he stay on?
13.09 GMT: Tottenham defender Danny Rose has vowed to run down the final 18 months of his contract rather than leave in January.
"My contract is up in 18 months' time and I'll leave the football club then," he told the Evening Standard. "People [in the media] can save their time trying to get stuff ready for January about me being sold. Because I can tell you now: it ain't happening. I know what people were trying to do in the summer... There were no bids -- that was rubbish."
12.33 GMT: Arsenal are reportedly interested in Mangala ... no, not the former Manchester City defender ... Orel Mangala.
Mangala, 21, is at Stuttgart and spent last season on loan at Hamburg, with Lyon, Marseille, Lille, AS Roma and Arsenal all keen on the central midfielder according to HLN.
The Belgium U21 international is clearly in demand and a bid of €20m is reported to be enough to land him. But Stuttgart want €30m.
11.44 GMT: Inter Miami FC are thinking about their next moves in the transfer market and the David Beckham-led franchise want Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric, according to AS.
Modric, 35, won the 2018 Ballon d'Or winner but his future in Madrid has come under the spotlight as he's been consistently linked with a move away. Inter Milan have shown the most interest but it seems another Inter could be his destination.
10.38 GMT: Arsenal and Atletico Madrid are monitoring Turkey and Juventus defender Merih Demiral, who is reportedly looking to move on after playing very little this season.
Demiral, 21, has also been linked to Manchester United but Calciomercato reports that the Gunners are frontrunners and ready to pay £34m in January to land his signature.
09.56 GMT: Barcelona are looking for a new Ivan Rakitic even though they've still got the old Ivan Rakitic around.
AS reports that the club are monitoring Napoli's Fabian Ruiz, Juve's Rodrigo Bentancur and Atletico Madrid's Saul as they look for a new midfield replacement. While Mundo Deportivo has dug around in the archives to find news of their interest in Chelsea winger Willian and are pushing that link once again, with the Brazilian winger out of contract in the summer.
The Spanish outlet also reports that Rakitic (of course), Carles Alena and Moussa Wague are to leave Barcelona in January.
09.12 GMT: Australia Women's striker Sam Kerr has joined Chelsea on a two-and-a-half year deal and will be available for the second half of the WSL season.
Kerr ended weeks of speculation about her club future by announcing she will move to England.
The 26-year-old striker, who has been rotating between Perth Glory in Australia's W-League and Chicago Red Stars in the United States' National Women's Soccer League, is taking a three-week holiday before linking up with Chelsea.
08.41 GMT: Memphis Depay has dismissed talk of leaving Lyon amid reports of a potential £50m move from Tottenham.
Depay joined Lyon in 2017 after a two-and-a-half-year spell at Manchester United, where he arrived as one of Europe's most promising young talents but left having scored just two Premier League goals.
However, since moving to France the 25-year-old has re-ignited his career, scoring 41 goals in 99 Ligue 1 appearances and becoming one of Netherlands' key players.
At the weekend, the Daily Mirror reported that Spurs have been regularly scouting Depay and are considered spending big to bring him back to the Premier League, but the forward is not willing to address the prospect of a transfer.
"I don't want to talk about that," he told Voetbal Primeur. "I don't want to talk about rumours that I know nothing about.
"We leave it in the corridors. I am focused on a strong season so far."
08.00 GMT: Barcelona are keeping a close eye on Erling Haaland but sources have told ESPN FC that they consider the €100m price tag for the FC Salzburg striker to be excessive.
The Spanish champions, along with a significant number of Europe's biggest clubs, have been impressed by Haaland's performances this season, especially in the Champions League.
He scored his fifth hat trick of the season at the weekend against Wolfsberger and has now scored 26 goals in 18 appearances in all competitions -- including seven in four Champions League outings. A number of Premier League sides, as well as Real Madrid and Juventus, have also been linked with him.
However, sources at Barca say the price they have been quoted by Salzburg is "disproportionate" and "not in line with his market value." The sources add that, unless the Austrian side dramatically reduce what they're asking for, the Catalan club would not be willing to break the bank for the Norway international.
Haaland, 19, has a contract with Salzburg until 2023 and it does not include a release clause.
PAPER TALK (by Harry Kettle)
Matic edges closer to Man United exit
The former Chelsea star has slipped further and further down the pecking order at Old Trafford in recent months, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer not choosing to feature the Serbian all too heavily in the first team.
AC Milan and Inter Milan were both considering a potential move for him during the summer window, but at the time, Solskjaer seemed hesitant over the idea of allowing such an established member of the squad to leave. Now, just a few months later, it would appear that he has changed his tune.
Juventus interested in Florenzi
The 28-year-old hasn't been featuring heavily for his side during the early stage of the Serie A campaign, and with the Old Lady aiming to add some depth at full-back, it could be the perfect storm for both parties.
Other clubs believed to be in the race are Sampdoria, Inter Milan and Cagliari, all of whom are educated in what Florenzi is capable of at this level. For the time being, Juventus appear to be in the driver's seat as the January transfer window looms large.
-- AC Milan are not interested in signing Juventus forward Mario Mandzukic, Corriere della Sera reports. The veteran has been linked with a switch away from the club since Maurizio Sarri arrived, but despite the January transfer window being right around the corner, Milan are not one of the interested parties, as they don't want to pay the €6.2 million per season necessary to acquire his services.
-- Calciomercato is reporting that AC Milan will instead turn their sights toward signing Everton forward Moise Kean during the January transfer window. The Italian's agent, Mino Raiola, is believed to have been in contact with Milan over the possibility of getting a deal done once the window opens, mainly due to how unhappy he is about the lack of playing time that Kean has received since arriving at Goodison Park.
-- Torino are prepared to counteract any upcoming interest in forward Andrea Belotti by offering him a new deal featuring a release clause of €100 million, Calciomercato reports. The deal will see his wages increase ahead of the imminent January transfer window.