The coronavirus pandemic has made the summer transfer window uncertain, but here are the rumours floating around Europe's big leagues and beyond.
TOP STORY: Giroud set for hat trick of London clubs?
The French forward signed a one-year deal only last month, but with both new arrivals expected to start ahead of him, and Chelsea still targeting Kai Havertz, Giroud could be pushed down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge.
Spurs manager Jose Mourinho is a huge admirer of the former Arsenal forward and tried to sign the 33-year-old in January, though he may find his former employers reluctant to sell to a rival.
21.39 BST: Lazio have identified Marko Grujic and Denis Zakaria as the men to fortify their midfield, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The former's acquisition will be much more straightforward, with €12m said to be enough to convince Liverpool to sell the 24-year-old who's spent the past two seasons on loan at Hertha Berlin. Zakaria, however, will prove more challenging, with Borussia Monchengladbach expected to extract maximum value for a vital player ahead a potential Champions League campaign in 2020-21.
20.52 BST: Mundo Deportivo cites French broadcaster RMC as reporting that Rennes have bid €8m for Real Valladolid defender Mohammed Salisu, a fee that's €4m short of the 21-year-old's €12m release clause, opening the door for Atletico Madrid to make their move.
20.05 BST: The first step for Paris Saint-Germain sporting director Leonardo in his quest to raise money for new signings will be to sell Julian Draxler and Ander Herrera, Le10 Sport writes, and that Idrissa Gueye and Abdou Diallo will be the next players on his list of those who can leave the Parc des Princes.
Assessing the likelihood Sergino Dest lands at Bayern Munich
Fox Sports' Milan van Dongen breaks down the link between Bayern and Sergino Dest.
18.31 BST: In order to meet the demands of Paulo Dybala for a new contract that would pay him as much as €12m annually, Juventus will need to sell Miralem Pjanic, Gonzalo Higuain, Adrien Rabiot and Federico Bernardeschi, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.
17.44 BST: As Thiago Silva prepares to leave Paris Saint-Germain when his contract expires at the end of the season, Le10 Sport reports that Everton lead Arsenal, AC Milan, Manchester United and Barcelona in the race for the 35-year-old centre-back's signature.
16.57 BST: After sources told ESPN last week that Manchester United will have to tempt Birmingham City with guaranteed cash to sign Jude Bellingham, ESPN FC's Mark Ogden discusses the competition they face in their pursuit of the promising young midfielder.
Ogden: Man United and Dortmund the front-runners for Bellingham
Mark Ogden believes Manchester United face competition from Borussia Dortmund and Arsenal for Jude Bellingham.
16.20 BST: Arsenal hope that their bid to convince striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to stay at the club will be boosted by their relationship with his father, the Daily Telegraph reports.
Club captain Aubameyang's current contract expires next year, and so far there has been no progress in talks over a new deal amid interest from Barcelona.
The Telegraph reports that Arsenal have "good lines of communication" with Aubameyang's father and representative, Pierre-Francois, and that could be a factor in holding on to the Gabon international.
15.47 BST: United States international Fabian Johnson will leave Borussia Monchengladbach after six years, the club's sporting executive Max Eber confirmed on Tuesday.
Munich-born Johnson, 32, joined Gladbach from Hoffenheim in 2014. A versatile player, he has made 140 competitive appearances for the Foals in various positions out wide. But injuries have limited his time on the pitch to just seven appearances this term and the club will now let his contract run down.
"In Fabian Johnson's case, it was a mutual decision not to extend his contract," Gladbach sporting executive Max Eberl said on the club's official homepage.
Johnson has in the past been linked with a move to Major League Soccer, but has also appeared on the radar of Hamburg, who this summer hope to return to the Bundesliga after two years in the second tier.
Gomez: Fabian Johnson can find vindication in MLS
Herculez Gomez explains why MLS could be Fabian Johnson's next stop when the USMNT veteran leaves Gladbach.
Leicester are not willing to sell Chilwell but they are reportedly monitoring Tagliafico's situation, with the Dutchman valued at £22m.
The French champions are open to selling Gueye after one season at the club but he is determined to fight for his place.
Wolves and former club Everton are keen on signing him this summer. PSG coach Thomas Tuchel is a massive fan of Gueye but his position is under threat with the club looking to replace him with former Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri.
It had been reported that the Wales international would leave on loan if Sancho joins the club but the newspaper says James will remain with the first-team next season.
The 22-year-old joined United from Swansea City at the start of the campaign and the report suggests that James could be in line for new contract.
Sources have told ESPN that Chelsea have stepped up their interest in the midfielder who is valued for more than €100 million.
After Bayer's DFB-Pokal semifinal victory at Saarbrucken on Tuesday, Voller told broadcaster ARD: "We try to give him every opportunity so he can access his qualities."
Why Chelsea are turning from Sancho to Havertz
ESPN's James Olley reacts to rumours Chelsea are turning their attention from Sancho to Havertz.
The Algeria international is reportedly on their transfer shortlist but the club need to sell before acquiring new players.
12.07 BST: Real Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay is confident Martin Odegaard will remain for another season at his club. The Norwegian midfielder recently hinted he would like to remain with the Basque club beyond this summer.
Odegaard, 21, was loaned to Sociedad on a season-long loan in July, with Real Madrid retaining the option to recall the player or extend the loan for an additional season after the first year.
"I think he is going to stay, that is our hope," Aperribay said when asked about Odegaard's future. "From then on, it depends on the wish of people. If Martin remains at La Real, he needs to do so convinced that is the best option for next year. He knows what we want and Real Madrid does too.
"He came for two years, but in La Liga you cannot do loan deals for two years so the second one [year] has to be activated by the player. Our hope is that he continues with us and believe that he will."
11.40 BST: Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta says the club do not want to sell Lautaro Martinez, who "can still grow more with us," but will not close the door on a potential move to Barcelona this summer.
Sources have told ESPN that Barca want to sign Lautaro this summer, although the coronavirus pandemic has left them hamstrung in terms of what they can offer for the Argentine forward. He has a release clause worth €111m which expires on July 7, but sources say the Catalan club have no intention of paying that much.
"We'll see what Barcelona want to do and then we will see what he wants," Marotta told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Today it is important that he is focused on the present because there is a season to resume and there are goals to hit.
"Maybe Barca have alternatives. I hope they don't pay the clause. If [Lautaro] does leave, a top level player will come in in his place, but it's difficult to say anything about his future at this moment in time."
Barca hope Inter will come round to accepting a player plus cash deal in the end. Junior Firpo, Nelson Semedo and Arturo Vidal are among the players they are prepared to offer in exchange for Lautaro.
Bandini: Lautaro swap deal with Barca would be critical mistake
Nicky Bandini explains why a swap deal involving Barcelona and Lautaro Martinez would be a mistake for Inter.
11.19 BST: Bayern Munich winger Kingsley Coman has said that he does not fear Leroy Sane arriving at the Allianz Arena as the Germany international continues to be strongly been linked with a return to the Bundesliga after four years at Manchester City.
France international Coman, 23, has said he would welcome Sane at the club, telling Sport Bild: "When I joined Bayern we had Franck Ribery, Arjen Robben, Douglas Costa and me. I was still a young player and the legends Ribery and Robben were ahead of me. "It's better for a team when there are several players on that level. If Sane were to join us that wouldn't be a problem. Only if the club were to approach me and told me I was no longer needed. But I believe the club knows what they have in me. Leroy Sane's situation has nothing to do with my future."
Under contract at the Allianz Arena until 2023, Coman said he remains relaxed about his future. "We still have time," he said. "I want to finish this season and after that, in the summer, can think about my situation. What I want to do, which decision is good."
Coman has already won league championships in France, Italy and Germany and he admitted he sometimes dreams of lifting the trophy in England and Spain as well. "If I were to achieve that I'd be very pleased with my career," he said. "To win the championship in five countries is definitely something extraordinary. But at the moment I don't think about it."
10.53 BST: Former AC Milan president Silvio Berlusconi has said current club Monza would be interested in signing Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Kaka after being awarded promotion to Serie B.
Monza will play their football in Italy's second tier next season as one of three clubs to move up following the premature end to the Serie C campaign alongside Vicenza and Reggina, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
Berlusconi, a four-time former Italian prime minister, took over Monza in 2018 -- a year after he sold Milan to Chinese businessman Li Yonghong -- and has big ambitions.
"Ibrahimovic and Kaka have been transfer targets for us and, for non-footballing reasons, we couldn't. But you never know," he told Telelombardia.
Berlusconi signed both Kaka, in 2003, and Ibrahimovic in 2010, for Milan with the pair winning Serie A titles in their maiden campaigns with the Rossoneri.
Atletico reportedly have the player's consent but are yet to get the green light from Chinese club Dalian Yifang, where he has a contract until December 2022.
Belgium international Carrasco returned for a second spell to Atletico in January and has made five league appearances since. The 26-year-old forward is expected to start when Atletico resume La Liga at Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
Carrasco previously spent three seasons with the Rojiblancos between 2015 and 2018.
09.57 BST: After Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he will not risk the harmony of his squad by signing "rotten apples," ESPN FC's Craig Burley discusses how much clubs should consider players' personalities when it comes to transfers.
Should Solskjaer favour character over talent in his transfers?
Craig Burley agrees with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's stance that Man United must avoid "bad apples" to be successful.
09.26 BST: Paris Saint-Germain centre-back Thiago Silva is hoping to stay in Europe and play for another top club for at least two more seasons after being told his contract will not be renewed, sources have told ESPN.
The Brazil international, 35, is set to leave PSG this summer when his contract expires once 2019-20 Champions League campaign is over.
Sources have told ESPN that Silva still believes he has the ability to play for another top European club and would be willing to take a cut on his €211,000-per-week existing wage to do so. The defender believes he must stay in Europe so that he can be apart of Brazil's 2022 World Cup squad in Qatar.
Silva, who is in Brazil due to travel restrictions caused by coronavirus pandemic, was hoping for a contract extension after eight seasons at the Parc des Princes, sources have told ESPN. However, he was told by PSG sporting director Leonardo last week that the club would not renew his deal.
08.59 BST: Villarreal midfielder Santi Cazorla has hinted he could retire this summer. The former Arsenal player becomes a free agent this summer and has yet to sign a contract extension.
Cazorla, 35, scored eight goals and set up six more in 24 league appearances since returning to Villarreal last summer after ending his contract with Arsenal.
"I have taken the decision already but this is not the time to talk about it," Cazorla told Spanish radio show El Larguero. "My future depends on me.
"I have an idea of what I want. This time [without playing due to the coronavirus pandemic] has allowed me to think and I have listened to my body and when the time comes, I will make the decision and make an announcement. My focus is on the league and the remaining 11 games."
08.32 BST: Liverpool have held "positive talks" with midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum over a new contract, The Guardian reports.
Wijnaldum's current deal is due to expire in a year's time, but the 29-year-old is reported to be in line to stay at Anfield until at least 2024 as there has been no disagreements over wages thus far.
The Netherlands international signed for Liverpool from Newcastle in 2016 and has since gone on to make over 150 starts for the club in all competitions.
The Guardian report emerged on the same day that Adam Lallana signed a short-term deal to keep him at Liverpool until the end of the 2019-20 season, after which he will leave Anfield as a free agent.
08.00 BST: Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo is wanted by Boca Juniors this summer, sources have told ESPN.
Rojo joined Estudiantes on loan in January but only made one appearance before the coronavirus pandemic struck.
His contract at Old Trafford runs until 2021, although United hold an option to extend the deal for a further 12 months. Sources have told ESPN that Boca are keen to sign the 30-year-old permanently if they can agree on a fee.
Rojo, valued at around £15m, has played nine times for United this season having slipped down the pecking order since the arrival of £80m centre-back Harry Maguire last summer.
PAPER TALK (by Nick Judd): Barca given Martinez deadline
Lautaro Martinez is set to leave Inter Milan this summer but his €111 million release clause expires in July 7, meaning time is running out for Barcelona to land their prime target, reports Gazetta dello Sport.
After July 7, the Italian side can sell him for whatever price they fancy. Barcelona are front runners for the Argentine striker and have been for some time, but as yet have been unable to meet the release clause to get the deal over the line.
Inter have been looking for reinforcements but club chief Giuseppe Marotta has admitted that the club are not desperate to sell their star man, having already offloaded Mauro Icardi to Paris Saint-Germain on a permanent deal. The decision could be taken out of the club's hands if Barca were to meet the asking price, and it's clear the player himself relishes the opportunity to line up alongside compatriot Lionel Messi.
Martinez has scored 16 goals in 31 appearances this season, which is why he remains Barca's top target.
Tottenham target £35m-rated Hojbjerg
Spurs face competition from Everton for the Denmark international, but both clubs will have to meet an asking price of £35m to land their man.
Hojbjerg has just one year remaining on his contract and while Southampton are yet to tie him down to a longer contract, they will at least demand a sizeable fee if they're unable to keep him on the south coast.
The fee could be a blow to Spurs, however, who are looking to balance the books with cheap deals and loans.
Hojbjerg has made no secret of his desire to play at a bigger club and compete for silverware in England and in Europe.
- Valencia are in talks with Napoli over the transfer of Ferran Torres after the Spanish side failed to reach an agreement to renew his contract. The 20-year-old winger is free to leave Los Che in January, and Valencia don't want to lose him on a free transfer. According to Marca, Napoli have put a contract together and have enquired about a price, but they face competition from Bayer Leverkusen.
- AS Monaco are eyeing up Torino striker and captain Andrea Belotti as a possible replacement for Wissam Ben Yedder, reports Le10Sport. Ben Yedder is expected to leave the Stade Louis II this summer for a fee expected to be around €40m, which gives the French side a healthy fund with which to replace him. Belotti, who captains the Italian national side, has scored nine goals in Serie A this season.