<
>

LIVE Transfer Talk: Man United, Chelsea warned off Declan Rice bid

play
Will UCL football influence Declan Rice's transfer decision? (1:16)

Mark Ogden suggests the chance of UCL football could be a factor for Rice when deciding between clubs. (1:16)

The transfer window opened in early January, and speculation is heating up about potential deals. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.

TOP STORY: Moyes issues hands-off warning for Rice

West Ham United boss David Moyes insists he's had no contact from Manchester United and Chelsea for Declan Rice, according to the Daily Mail.

Sources told ESPN this week that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side were prepared to rival the Blues for the in-demand West Ham midfielder in the summer.

Moyes, though, has said that neither club has yet made an offer for the 22-year-old, and that he wouldn't want to sell the Hammers' "big leader."

"We've had no contact from either of those clubs regarding Declan and we wouldn't want any anyway,' Moyes told Amazon Prime. "He's doing great for us, he's a big leader now, he's taken a lot of the weight off Mark Noble. He's turning out to be a really good player but also a really good boy and good around the club."

- January transfers: Cheap options for Man Utd, Liverpool, more

Meanwhile, Eurosport are reporting that Moyes is prepared to part with £15m to secure Boulaye Dia as a replacement for Sebastien Haller, who joined Ajax last week. West Ham are reported to have made contact with Stade de Reims, for whom Dia has scored 12 goals in 17 games this season.

West Ham are also monitoring Olivier Giroud, but believe any deal to sign the Frenchman from London rivals Chelsea will be too complicated.

LIVE BLOG

21.09 GMT: AC Milan are set to sign veteran free agent striker Mario Mandzukic, the BBC reports.

The 34-year-old Croatian has been without a club since living Qatari outfit Al Duhail in July and will sign a short-term deal with the Rossoneri as cover behind Zlatan Ibrahimovic. The decorated attacker has won the Champions League with Bayern Munich (2013), two Serie A titles with Juventus (2015, 2019) and was a World Cup runner-up with Croatia in 2018.

20.33 GMT: Liverpool are favourites to land highly-rated Udinese central midfielder Rodrigo De Paul, according to Corriere dello Sport.

The outlet claims that Liverpool are preparing a formal offer for the Argentine midfielder, who was closely-linked with Leeds in the summer. Liverpool are looking for a Georginio Wijnaldum replacement, with the Netherlands international expected to let his contract run out and then join Barcelona in the summer.

De Paul, 26, is valued at €40 million and is also a player of interest for Juventus and Inter Milan.

"De Paul is a talented player and a point of reference for our team," Udinese vice-president Stefano Campoccia said. "He is a jewel and the jewels cost. The proposals did not meet our requests, for less than €40m he does not move."

19.56 GMT: Could Tottenham land Angel Di Maria from PSG?

Todofichajes claims that Di Maria, who is out of contract at the end of the season, has an offer on the table from Juventus but could also be a target for Spurs. Jose Mourinho managed the Argentine winger when the two were at Real Madrid and is reportedly keen on reuniting with the player, who played briefly in England with Man United (2014-15).

19.08 GMT: Mesut Ozil has confirmed that he will be joining Fenerbahce.

Speaking to Turkish broadcaster NTV on Sunday, Ozil, who is of Turkish ancestry, said he was looking forward to playing for Fenerbahce, a club he said he has supported all his life, and added he would arrive in Istanbul early on Monday to seal his move.

"I am a Fenerbahce fan. That is why I am very happy to be coming to Turkey with Fenerbahce," Ozil said. "I'm very excited. God gave me the chance to wear this jersey as a Fenerbahce fan. God willing, I will carry it with honour and do everything I can for the team.

"Of course, I'm missing a few matches. I haven't played in a match in a while, but I am physically fit, I have no issues," he said, adding he had been training with the first team at Arsenal during his time off the pitch

The 32-year-old, who has not featured this season, leaves the Emirates after seven-and-a-half seasons and over 250 appearances for the Gunners.

18.32 GMT: AC Milan are closing in on a loan with an option to buy deal for Chelsea's Fikayo Tomori, Goal.com is reporting.

The 23-year-old centre-back, who has made just four appearances this season for the Blues, will join on an initial six-month loan with Milan then having the option to buy the player on a permanent basis for €25 million. Milan turned their attention to Tomori after top target Mohamed Simakan of Strasbourg suffered an injury that will keep him out for multiple months.

17.40 GMT: Arkadiusz Milik's route out of Napoli continues to crawl along. The club's director of sport, Cristiano Giuntoli, is still hoping to agree a deal with Marseille that would end the limbo. Milik has not played since a summer move fell through. He was linked with Juventus, then rejected offers from Fiorentina and Valencia on deadline day. With his contract expiring at the end of the season, he was banished from the Napoli squad.

However, Napoli still want around €15m to part with the striker, even though he will be available on a free in a few months' time.

"Talks are ongoing with the club, we are working, we'll see who will have more patience," Giuntoli told DAZN. "We have a great relationship with the club and with the player, we are evaluating a few things."

16.52 GMT: Ademola Lookman has been brilliant for Fulham since arriving on loan from RB Leipzig in October, but the Bundesliga outfit will not budge on their £15m valuation of the player. The Sun reports that boss Scott Parker is eager to make the move permanent, but Fulham will not be able to commit to a transfer fee of that size if they are relegated.

16.01 GMT: Diario AS reports that Alaves are hoping to sign Matheus Fernandes on loan from Barcelona for the remainder of the season. The 22-year-old, who joined Barca from Palmeiras 12 months ago, spent the second half of last season on loan at Real Valladolid and he could be set for a similar move.

15.16 GMT: Janusz Michallik believes Callum Hudson-Odoi is a surplus to requirements at Chelsea and needs to find playing time. Should he try and rekindle a move to Bayern Munich?

14.31 GMT: AC Milan, Juventus and Manchester City are involved in the three-way battle to sign Manuel Locatelli from Sassuolo, according to The Sun. The 23-year-old midfielder is being eyed up as a potential replacement for Fernandinho, who may leave the Etihad when his contract expires in the summer.

The Italy international is valued at £30m by Sassuolo and his agent, Stefano Castelnuovo, has confirmed interest from Pep Guardiola. Locatelli started his career at AC Milan and could yet return to the San Siro, or Juve may make a renewed bid to land the player.

13.49 GMT: Klaas-Jan Huntelaar is expected to announce later today that he will re-join Bundesliga crisis club Schalke, according to Bild. Huntelaar spent seven seasons with Schalke, scoring 126 goals in 240 games, before joining Ajax in 2017. But with Schalke bottom of the table and in desperate need of reinforcements, Huntelaar is ready to come to the rescue. Ajax play Feyenoord on Sunday afternoon (kickoff 10.30am ET, stream live on ESPN+, US only), after which the striker is expected to confirm the move.

After Huntelaar came of the bench to score two goals against FC Twente on Wednesday, Huntelaar told ESPN: "I've talked about it with Ajax, but it's a difficult choice for me. I have played for a long time at Ajax, six and a half years now. And I played at Schalke for seven years. So they are the two clubs that I like the most.

"What do I lean towards? Difficult... There is something to be said for everything. Schalke is in more trouble, they need me more, so that is more of a feeling choice. Ajax is a bit more stable and perhaps a bit nicer in terms of ending, with the possible title, the cup tournament and European football. Of course it is difficult. I'm not so far out there that I can tell. I'm going to sleep on it one more night."

13.07 GMT: Exciting young full-back Tariq Lamptey has signed a two-year contract extension with Brighton, keeping him at the south-coast club until the summer of 2025. The England youth international only joined the Seagulls from Chelsea on transfer deadline day last January, making 19 appearances, but he has been so impressive that he has earned improved terms.

Head coach Graham Potter said: "We are delighted to see Tariq commit his long-term future here. We knew his potential when we signed him a year ago, and hoped he would have a really positive impact on the club, and that has proved to be the case with his performances since June.

"He has been the model professional, he works exceptionally hard, is a humble lad and is a team player. He fits in with everything we would want from a player, now it's about helping him reach his potential."

12.31 GMT: Calciomercato reports that AC Milan have been given the go-ahead to complete the signing of free agent Mario Mandzukic. The striker has been without a club since leaving Qatar Stars League club Al-Duhail in July and has been waiting for the right opportunity.

The 34-year-old will sign a deal that runs until the of the season, with an automatic 12-month extension built in if Milan qualify for next season's Champions League.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has given his blessing to the signing of the former Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid forward, and the deal should be signed in the coming days.

11.47 GMT: La Razon reports that Valencia owner Peter Lim is ready to offer Juan Mata a contract. The midfielder's deal with Manchester United expires in the summer and the 32-year-old could opt to return to Spanish football. The story also says that Valencia are hoping to sign Lucas Torreira on loan from Arsenal. He is currently on loan at Atletico Madrid but has made only six appearances in La Liga for the table toppers and the Gunners could recall him.

11.00 GMT: Liverpool fans continue to be concerned about the future of Georginio Wijnaldum, who is out of contract at the end of the season. Barcelona continue to circle and are now able to open talks over a pre-contract agreement to sign the player in the summer. The Sunday Mirror says that the Netherlands international has decided to head to Spain, and will not continue talks over an extension at Anfield.

10.17 GMT: Italian transfer expert Fabrizio Romano reckons Juventus will be back in for Paul Pogba in the summer. Writing in Calciomercato, Romano states that Juve are banking on Manchester United having to reduce their asking price as the player moves into the final year of his contract. Juve could also try and off United Aaron Ramsey, Adrien Rabiot, Douglas Costa or Miralem Pjanic as part of any deal.

09.30 GMT: The Daily Mail reports that a string of unnamed Premier League clubs are lining up to sign Ronaldo Camara from Benfica after he turned down a new contract. The 18-year-old attacking midfielder has been dropped from the "B" team due to the contract wrangle, and he has been linked to Barcelona, Manchester City and Manchester United. However, Premier League clubs face problems signing players like Camara post-Brexit, as he would now need to qualify for a work permit.

PAPER ROUND

Napoli join list of Thauvin admirers

Napoli are reported to have enquired about Florian Thauvin of Marseille, according to Le10Sport.

The French outlet believes that while Marseille sporting director Pablo Longoria is working behind the scenes to improve his own squad in January, particularly for a forward to help Dario Benedetto, he may have to consider Thauvin's departure.

Longoria wants to keep the World Cup winner at the club, but Napoli have joined a growing number of clubs who want to sign him.

AC Milan and Sevilla looked into Thauvin at the end of the season, but Italian paper Il Mattino support Le10Sport's claims and believe Napoli are looking at the possibility of doing something sooner.

Thauvin wants a salary of €5m a year, which would be deemed too excessive by Napoli, but they believe they can negotiate in an effort to convince him to join them.

PSG's Donnarumma interest driving up Milan deal

While AC Milan seemingly want to keep goalkeeper Gianluigi Donnarumma, and the feeling is mutual, the fact that he hasn't signed an extension yet leaves the door open for Paris Saint-Germain, reports Le10Sport.

Access to Donnarumma would appear closed, but his agent Mino Raiola believes Donnarumma can earn more than the €7m contract AC Milan have offered him. That figure is an increase on the Rossoneri's earlier offer of €6m, but with PSG also interested, Raiola believes his client can do better.

Calciomercato are suggesting that Raiola and Milan club officials are meeting this week to discuss further, but PSG's Leonardo will be keeping his ears to the ground in case there's any chance of signing him.

Tap-ins

- Aston Villa are preparing an offer for Morgan Sanson from Marseille, according to Telefoot journalist Julian Maynard. Villa have been monitoring the midfielder for months, and they're prepared to bid £22.5m to land him.

- AS is reporting that Barcelona presidential candidate Joan Laporta believes Lionel Messi wants to stay at the club, while he's also confident of signing Eric Garcia from Manchester City at the end of the season. Messi's future has been the subject of much debate in recent months, but Laporta, the overwhelming favourite to succeed outgoing president Josep Maria Bartomeu, is convinced the Argentine will stay at Camp Nou.

- Leon Bailey is targeting a move to England, according to Bild. The Bayer Leverkusen winger is back to his best form and is working with English agency Unique Sports Management to help facilitate his dream move. Leverkusen are preparing for his exit, and are themselves looking at FC Nordsjaelland 18-year-old Kamaldeen Sulemana as a possible replacement.