The summer transfer window is approaching, and there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Man United to move for Brentford's Eriksen
Eriksen, 30, has impressed back in the Premier League this season after he suffered a cardiac arrest while playing for Denmark at Euro 2020. In a remarkable comeback, the midfielder, who previously played for Ajax Amsterdam and Tottenham Hotspur before spending a year at Inter Milan, signed a short-term deal with Brentford that ends this summer.
Ten Hag's Ajax allowed Eriksen to train with them earlier this year as he sought to land himself a contract after proving his fitness, and the Dutch manager is keen to bring him to Old Trafford on a free transfer when his contract expires.
Tottenham are also keen on bringing Eriksen back to the club as he has managed one goal and three assists from seven games so far, while Brentford are also hopeful they can persuade him to stay on.
Bees boss Thomas Frank told Sky after Saturday's 0-0 draw with Spurs: "I would love to say that I am confident, I am very positive and very hopeful that he will stay but it will be a decision at the end of the season.
"I will do what I can but it's down to Christian, where it's like everything if you decide to go to one club or another, you buy that house or another house, you take that job or another job. There must be pros and cons and I always say if you make it an eight-two decision, where you have eight pros and two cons, then you are in a good position.
"I hope Christian makes the right choice for him and his family and I really hope it will be us."
22:43 BST: Gabriel Jesus has brushed off speculation about a transfer away from Manchester City, but admitted that he wants to play more regularly.
Jesus has been linked with moves to Arsenal and Juventus in recent days after starting just three Premier League games to date in 2022.
"I think it's not time to think about this," Jesus said after his standout showing that saw him net four goals in a 5-1 win over Watford on Saturday.
"I think you expect me to say this, but it's true, it is, this is no time to think about this. Now is the best moment of the season. I want to enjoy, to keep focused on my team, with my teammates to fight for the Premier League."
The 25-year-old Brazil international added, though, that "It's not just me, it's all the players, if you ask for the players about playing everyone's going to say I want to play."
22:10 BST: Chelsea and Tottenham could do battle in the transfer market this summer, with the two London rivals keeping a close eye on Inter Milan striker Martin Satriano, reports the Daily Mirror.
Satriano has emerged as a possible target after scoring four Ligue 1 goals in 12 appearances (eight starts) since joining Brest on loan in January. French clubs Lille and Marseille are also reported to be tracking the 21-year-old Uruguayan.
Both Chelsea and Tottenham are said to be eyeing a striker, with doubts over the futures of Romelu Lukaku and Harry Kane, respectively. Lukaku has struggled for Chelsea since his big-money arrival from Inter Milan, while Kane made clear his desire to leave Tottenham for Manchester City last summer.
20:52 BST: Chelsea could face losing another defender this summer, with Marca linking Atletico Madrid with a move for left-back Marcos Alonso.
Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel confirmed on Sunday that Antonio Rudiger has informed him of his desire to leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season, while fellow centre-back Andreas Christensen has been strongly linked with a free transfer to Barcelona.
Now Marca reports that Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has his sights set on bringing Alonso to the Wanda Metropolitano, with left-back/left-midfielder Renan Lodi linked with a move to Juventus. The Spanish publication also states that Alonso, who began his career with Real Madrid, would welcome a return to the Spanish capital.
Alonso has been a mainstay in the Chelsea team under Tuchel, making 43 appearances in all competitions this season.
Chelsea's ability to negotiate with players has been hampered by restrictions imposed following the U.K. government imposing sanctions on outgoing owner Roman Abramovich over his ties with Russia president Vladimir Putin.
19:55 BST: Barcelona will need to wait for players to leave before making additions to their squad this summer, manager Xavi Hernandez said on Saturday.
ESPN has reported that Barca are already set to bring in Franck Kessie from AC Milan and Andreas Christensen from Chelsea this summer as they look to improve the squad for next season. However, the club's spending limit has been set at -€144 million by LaLiga.
"We're planning for next year but it depends on the financial situation of the club," Xavi told reporters ahead of Sunday's game against Rayo Vallecano. "We'll see what we can do. For players to come in, players have to leave... What occupies us is the day-to-day, and finishing as high in the league as possible. Let's see what financial situation we're in."
Barcelona have enjoyed a revival since Xavi took charge last November, although they remain 15 points behind LaLiga leaders Real Madrid. And Xavi cautioned it would take time for the club to return to their once lofty heights.
"It's our reality. This is the post-[Lionel] Messi era, that's difficult in itself," he said. "He used to win games on his own. We have to be patient. I'm excited to win trophies, but we have to strengthen. We have to be realistic."
19:02 BST: In a move that could have implications for United States No.1 Zack Steffen, Sheffield United are keen to sign young Manchester City goalkeeper Gavin Bazunu, according to The Sun.
Bazunu, 20, has impressed on loan at Portsmouth this season, and Sheffield United, currently in a playoff spot in the Championship, may be able to offer him Premier League football next season.
Steffen's status as Man City's backup keeper behind Ederson has come under scrutiny following his high-profile error in last week's FA Cup semifinal defeat to Liverpool at Wembley.
Like Steffen, Bazunu is also first-choice for his country, having won 10 caps for the Republic of Ireland since making his debut last year. Bazunu has made 42 appearances for Portsmouth in League One this season but has yet to make his first-team bow for Man City.
18.15 BST: West Ham manager David Moyes is adamant the club will not entertain offers for Declan Rice this summer and has played down reports he has turned down the offer of a new contract.
Reports this weekend said Rice had rejected a new contract offer from West Ham, while the England international has been linked with fresh interest from Manchester City (see 15.16 BST). When asked about whether he was concerned by this, Moyes said: "We like Dec, he's got three and a half years left on his contract, so I don't think there's any panic. We have no intention of selling."
Moyes was talking after West Ham's 1-0 defeat at Chelsea on Sunday. Rice was used as a second-half substitute as the club prepares for Thursday's Europa League semifinal against Eintracht Frankfurt.
Though Moyes didn't confirm the reports Rice had turned down a new deal, when asked again what he thought, he answered: "Maybe he just wants more money, people do turn down contracts, maybe it's a negotiation tactic."
17.27 BST: Chelsea manager Thomas Tuchel has confirmed that Antonio Rudiger has informed him of his desire to leave the club at the end of the season.
ESPN reported on Saturday that the 29-year-old had rejected a new deal worth in excess of £200,000-a-week with Real Madrid keen to sign the defender this summer.
When asked about Rudiger's situation after Sunday's 1-0 win over West Ham, Tuchel told Sky Sports: "Toni, the media is on it. The situation is that he wants to leave the club. He informed me of this is in a private talk.
"We gave everything -- me and the club -- but we could not fight anymore because of the actions. Without the sanctions we would at least be able to carry on fighting, but out hands are tied. We don't take it personally. It is his decision.
"He is a key figure and will stay that way until the end of the season. But it is disappointing. We will miss him a lot. He gives courage in the dressing room. The kind everyone is afraid of, but the kind to play 50-55 games at an outstanding level. He is a top defender in the last one and a half years for me. We then need to find another solution."
ESPN sources added that Rudiger has offers on the table in excess of the terms Chelsea were offering and an extension was complicated further by agent demands over a high fee for his representatives and a signing-on fee in the region of £10m.
16.50 BST: Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar took a swipe at the club's supporters for walking out of the stadium early before they secured the Ligue 1 title on Saturday.
PSG were held to a 1-1 draw at home to Lens which was enough to seal a 10th league title, but the club's ultras left the game with 15 minutes remaining instead of celebrating with the players.
When Neymar was asked about the fans leaving before the end of the game, he told ESPN Argentina: "It was surreal that part of the crowd left the stands. They're going to get tired of whistling, because I have another three years left on my contract."
16.04 BST: Liverpool could face a late setback in their bid to sign young Aberdeen defender Calvin Ramsay as Leeds United are set to make a late move, The Sun reports.
Ramsay, 18, has become a regular in the Dons' first team this season after making his debut just over a year ago, since when he has made 38 appearances in all competitions.
The Scotland youth international has been identified by Liverpool as a potential back-up for right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold, but Leeds could offer him a quicker route to first-team football in the Premier League.
The Sun reports that Ramsay, who scored his first senior career goal earlier this month, could be available for £3m.
15.16 BST: Manchester City are ready to make a summer move for West Ham midfielder Declan Rice, according to the Daily Mail.
Rice, 23, has long been linked with moves to Manchester United and boyhood club Chelsea, although West Ham are not willing to listen to offers of anything less than £100m.
The England midfielder, who was named on the bench for Sunday's Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge ahead of the first leg of their Europa League semifinal against Eintracht Frankfurt on Thursday, is now reportedly on the radar of City, who will see veteran midfielder and club captain Fernandinho leave at the end of the season when his contract expires.
14.29 BST: Arsenal technical director Edu has told ESPN that the club are planning to make "one or two" signings in the summer.
The Gunners remain in the hunt a Champions League this season despite manager Mikel Arteta putting his faith in a lot of young players and club captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang being frozen out of the squad before then allowed to join Barcelona on a free transfer in January.
Following Saturday's 3-1 win over Manchester United, Edu told ESPN's Joao Castelo Branco: "The budget we had last summer, we decided to use it to balance the roster, it was pointless signing one or two players, the team wasn't fit to absorb two players, we needed to rebalance our team. Maybe next season we can go for one or two top players. Today, we have a much more solid squad."
When asked if the club's fans can expect some big-name signings this summer, Edu replied: "Our planning has already been done, it has already reached our board, the owners.
"It's a question of taking it step by step, we need to understand how we are going to end the season and work on our planning, and I am very excited to get everything done."
13.37 BST: Incoming Manchester United manager has admitted that he has begun some preparations for next season despite still managing Ajax for the remainder of this campaign.
Ten Hag is still hoping to seal another Eredivisie title for Ajax before leaving for Old Trafford in the summer, and he said after Saturday's 1-0 win over NEC: "I always keep focused on the job I have to do, it doesn't matter what's around me."
When asked specifically if he was already making plans for his new job, he said: "You always spend time on the future, but my head and my energy is for Ajax."
Ajax are four points clear of title rivals PSV Eindhoven with four matches of the season remaining.
12.51 BST: West Ham United will try to sign defender Michael Keane this summer if Everton are relegated from the Premier League, the Daily Star reports.
Keane, 29, was a young player on Manchester United's books in the 2013-14 season, when West Ham boss David Moyes was manager at Old Trafford. Although he was out on loan at Derby in Moyes' one season in charge, Keane has remained on the coach's radar.
England centre-back Keane has started 150 Premier League games for Everton since joining them in 2017, and he has a contract at Goodison Park until 2025. But if they lose their battle against relegation this season, West Ham will be hoping that a deal can be done.
12.07 BST: Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez says he has no intention of letting midfielder Frenkie de Jong leave the club.
De Jong has been linked with a move to Manchester United in the summer to reunite with his former coach at Ajax, Erik ten Hag.
"Frenkie is a very important player for me and for the club," Xavi said. "I'm happy with him. If it were up to me he will continue for many years at Barcelona."
Hislop advises Jesus to go be the top dog at Arsenal
Shaka Hislop says Gabriel Jesus should swap Manchester City for Arsenal if Mikel Arteta's rumoured interest is true.
11.21 BST: Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has admitted that the future of striker Gabriel Jesus at the club is uncertain.
Jesus scored four goals in City's 5-1 win over Watford on Saturday, more than doubling his Premier League tally for the season as the Brazil international has only started 17 times in the competition this season.
The 25-year-old, who is out of contract in 2023, has been linked with a move to Arsenal in the summer transfer window, and after the match Guardiola said: "I want to tell you something, Gabriel is our player. I don't know what is going to happen but he is a Manchester City player."
When asked if he wanted the player who joined from Palmeiras in 2017 to stay at the Etihad, Guardiola said: "What we have done this season we have done with Gabriel, Gabriel is one of the best. But every player is happy here when they play all the time 90 minutes every game.
"Maybe at the end of the season he says, 'No I don't want to sign the contract,' [or] we convince him to stay, maybe he decides, 'I want more minutes, I want to leave.' Nobody knows."
10.35 BST: Tottenham Hotspur and Leeds United have both been scouting Bristol City's young creative midfielder Alex Scott, the Daily Mirror reports.
Scott has become a first-team regular for the Championship side this season, scoring four goals and registering two assists in 36 appearances in 2021-22 after making his debut last April.
The 18-year-old could be available this summer for £10m despite being under contract until 2025, the Mirror reports, as Bristol City struggle to comply with the EFL's profit and sustainability rules.
09.48 BST: Brentford are the latest club to express an interest in Middlesbrough's highly rated wing-back Djed Spence, according to The Sun.
Spence, 21, has impressed this season on loan at Nottingham Forest, making 43 appearances so far as the Championship club eliminated Arsenal and Leicester City en route to the FA Cup quarterfinals, and they remain in contention for automatic promotion.
Premier League clubs such as Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham have been linked with the England youth international, who is reportedly available for £20m, but the promise of regular first-team football could convince him to join Brentford.
09.00 BST: Antonio Rudiger is set to leave Chelsea at the end of the season with Real Madrid favourites to sign the defender on a free transfer, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.
The 29-year-old is out of contract this summer and has rejected the offer of a new deal, which is understood to have reached in excess of £200,000-a-week.
Chelsea's ability to negotiate has been hampered by restrictions imposed following the U.K. government imposing sanctions on outgoing owner Roman Abramovich over his ties with Russia president Vladimir Putin.
Under a special licence granted to the club to continue operating while a sale is negotiated, Chelsea cannot agree any fresh contracts with any players which created a window of opportunity that Real and other clubs have looked to exploit.
Sources have told ESPN that Rudiger has offers on the table in excess of the terms Chelsea were offering and an extension was complicated further by agent demands over a high fee for his representatives and a signing-on fee in the region of £10m.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Jon Molyneux-Carter)
- Bayern Munich and Manchester United are interested in signing RB Leipzig midfielder Konrad Laimer, claims journalist Nico Schira. The Austria international has a contract which expires in 2023, and has previously attracted the interest of Liverpool. At 24, the defensive midfielder has plenty of potential to improve and United's current interim manager Ralf Rangnick reportedly recommended Laimer to the board.
- Arsenal will be looking to strengthen their strikeforce this summer as Alexandre Lacazette and Eddie Nketiah are set to depart on free transfers. Former Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, who is now playing under Jose Mourinho at AS Roma, is one name on the club's shortlist, says the Daily Star, though the England international would cost in the region of €60m if a deal is to be done.
- Leicester City are keen to sign PSV Eindhoven midfielder Ibrahim Sangare, according to The Sun. Sangare, 24, played against Leicester in both legs of the Europa Conference League quarterfinal earlier this month and has also been linked with a move to Aston Villa. However, Brendan Rodgers is keen to get his man first and will reportedly offer a transfer fee of around €35 million.
- Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Rodrigo De Paul could make a loan move from Atletico Madrid to Inter Milan this summer. De Paul moved to the LaLiga champions over the summer for around €35m from Udinese, but hasn't settled in Spain and wants to return to Italy. The Argentina international is keen to move on, but Inter may only be able to offer him an initial loan move as they have financial issues.
- Tottenham are ready to offer around €25m to sign Inter Milan right-back Denzel Dumfries, says journalist Ekrem Konur. The 26-year-old Netherlands international has been a key player for the Italian club this season but Inter need to raise funds and would reportedly be willing to accept a €40m bid. Tottenham want to sign a new right-back this summer and Torino's Wilfried Singo has also been linked with a switch to London.