The summer transfer window is here, and there's plenty of gossip swirling about who's moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, comings and goings and, of course, done deals!
TOP STORY: Milan keen on Chelsea's Ziyech
The Rossoneri are willing to acquire Ziyech on loan with an obligation to make the move permanent for a fee of around €25-30 million, and it is understood that Chelsea are open to letting him make the switch to the San Siro.
The 29-year-old attacking midfielder made 23 Premier League appearances for Thomas Tuchel's side in the 2021-22 campaign, but after scoring just four goals, it looks as though the Blues are looking to make changes in their attack for next season.
Sources told ESPN on Wednesday that Chelsea are nearing an agreement over personal terms ahead of a proposed £45 million move for Manchester City winger Raheem Sterling. The England international's imminent move would make him the highest-paid player at Stamford Bridge and could be offset by Ziyech's switch to Milan.
The former Ajax star is believed to be keen on a move to the Serie A champions.
21.43 BST: Monza are reluctant to pay the €5m transfer fee Barcelona are seeking in order to facilitate Oscar Mingueza's exit from the Catalan club, reports Mundo Deportivo. The Blaugrana are keen to move on from the 23-year-old defender this summer, and so far the Serie A club have shown the most interest in landing him, with Girona and Villarreal also said to be keen on a deal.
21.29 BST: FC Cincinnati have agreed a deal with the Philadelphia Union that will see forward Sergio Santos join the Ohio club in exchange for General Allocation Money, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer's Pat Brennan. MLSsoccer.com's Tom Bogert reports that Cincy is sending $300,000 in GAM to Philly up front for the signature of the 27-year-old Brazilian, with as much as $700,000 in bonuses potentially added on should certain metrics be reached.
21.16 BST: Real Madrid striker Luka Jovic will complete his move to Fiorentina on Friday, writes Gianluca Di Marzio. The 24-year-old Serbia international reportedly has signed a two-year deal that includes the option of an extension, and will will earn €2.5m a season with the Viola.
21.02 BST: San Jose Earthquakes centre-back Francisco Calvo has signed for Konyaspor, the Turkish club announced on Thursday. The 29-year-old Costa Rica international joins on a two-year contract with an option for a third, having spent the past five-plus seasons in MLS with the Quakes, the Chicago Fire and Minnesota United.
20.49 BST: Liverpool have no interest in Marco Asensio despite being linked to the Real Madrid winger, write the Liverpool Echo. While the LaLiga champions are looking to move on from the 26-year-old, Jurgen Klopp's outfit has no plans to make further signings this summer, having secured moves for Darwin Nunez and Calvin Ramsay.
20.22 BST: Fulham have agreed terms on a three-year contract with Arsenal goalkeeper Bernd Leno with an option for a further season, according to Sky Sport Germany's Florian Plettenberg. The Cottagers see the 30-year-old Germany international as their No. 1 for 2022-23, and now just need to agree a transfer fee with the Gunners, who are said to want £10m to £11m.
20.08 BST: Cristiano Ronaldo will not be part of the Manchester United squad that travels to Thailand on Friday to begin their preseason tour, sources have told ESPN's Rob Dawson. The Portugal forward has been granted more time to deal with a "family issue" and will not be on the flight to Bangkok, scheduled to leave Manchester Friday afternoon, amid news that the 37-year-old wants to leave Old Trafford for a club playing in the Champions League. Read the full story.
19.55 BST: Pepe Reina has signed a one-year contract with Villarreal, reports Fabrizio Romano. The 39-year-old goalkeeper will join as a free agent after his contract with Lazio expired last month, with Unai Emery moving quickly to provide cover for starter Geronimo Rulli.
19.28 BST: Napoli will make a move for Chelsea striker Armando Broja if Victor Osimhen leaves this summer, according to Gazzetta dello Sport. The 20-year-old Albania international impressed on his loan spell with Southampton last season, and with the Blues seemingly viewing him as surplus to requirements, a queue that includes West Ham United and Everton is forming to secure his services.
19.14 BST: Real Madrid have confirmed the arrival of the Scotland international midfielder Caroline Weir as their first summer signing ahead of the 2022-23 season. Weir, 27, joins after her contract expired at Manchester City, where the attacking midfielder scored 38 goals in four seasons. Read the full story.
19.01 BST: Fulham and Nottingham Forest are racing to land the signature of Lille attacker Yusuf Yazici, writes the Sun. It is reported that the French club are looking for a transfer fee of around £12m to part ways with the 25-year-old Turkey international, who spent last season on loan at CSKA Moscow.
18.34 BST: Chelsea are set to open talks with Reece James over a new long-term contract at Stamford Bridge, according to The i. Amid reported interest in the 22-year-old defender from Real Madrid and Manchester City, Thomas Tuchel's side are ready to offer him improved terms to secure his future at the club. The England international's existing deal is set to expire in 2025, with wages reported to be £80,000 a week.
18.20 BST: Liverpool centre-back Joe Gomez has signed a long-term contract to extend his stay at Anfield, the club announced on Thursday. Gomez, 25, has made 142 appearances for Liverpool since joining them from Charlton Athletic in 2015, helping them to lift the Premier League, the FA Cup and the Champions League among other major honours. Read the full story.
18.07 BST: Barcelona are close to signing Chelsea defender Cesar Azpilicueta on a free transfer, reports AS. It's said that the deal could be closed in the next few hours, with the Blues captain keen to make the switch to the Camp Nou, while the Premier League side's new owners reportedly have agreed to his exit after just short of a decade at the club.
17.40 BST: Inter Miami CF have completed the signing of former Major League Soccer MVP Alejandro Pozuelo from Toronto FC in a deal worth $150,000 in allocation money, the South Florida club announced on Thursday. Pozuelo will occupy Miami's third Designated Player slot. Read the full story.
17.13 BST: Arsenal are set to make a £30m offer for Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans, according to The Sun.
The north London club have already signed several players this summer, including Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City and midfielder Fabio Vieira from Porto. The Sun reports that Mikel Arteta's team are prepared to make a concrete offer for Tielemans, 25, who has a year left his contract at the King Power stadium.
While Leicester do not want Tielemans to leave, they are said to be resigned to letting him go now while they can still recoup a transfer fee for the Belgium midfielder.
16.39 BST: Confirmation of what was reported earlier in the day (see 13.17 BST), Liverpool have announced that defender Joe Gomez has signed a new contract at Anfield.
15.59 BST: Tottenham Hotspur have been told to increase their bid for Djed Spence by £5m if they want to sign the promising Middlesbrough full-back, The Times reports.
Spence, 21, impressed while on loan at Nottingham Forest last season, helping Steve Cooper's side return to the Premier League for the first time since 1999 via the playoffs.
According to The Times, Tottenham are prepared to spend £15m on Spence, but adds that the two clubs are still far apart in their valuation of the England Under-21 international. The 21-year-old is expected to travel to Portugal with Middlesbrough on their preseason tour this weekend if the standstill continues.
15.21 BST: Nottingham Forest are set to sign Bayern Munich defender Omar Richards imminently according to Sky Sports.
Richards, 24, came through the ranks at Reading before joining Bayern on a free transfer last summer. But the former England Under-21 full-back made just 12 appearances in the Bundesliga last season, and Bayern are reportedly keen to move him on.
Now Sky reports that Richards has agreed to join Forest in a deal worth a up to €12m, joining the Premier League newcomers after they were promoted to the topflight via the playoffs.
14.39 BST: Barcelona president Joan Laporta was bizarrely forced to deny Bayern Munich want cash up front for Robert Lewandowski because they fear the Catalan club won't exist in two years.
After a German journalist had made the tongue-in-cheek comment on a podcast this week, alluding to Barca's financial struggles, several outlets later reported what he had said as Bayern's official stance in negotiations for the Poland striker.
"It was a joke as part of a wider chat," Laporta said at the presentation of new signing Andreas Christensen on Thursday. "It didn't come from Bayern. They would never say that."
ESPN reported last week that Barca have made a third offer for Lewandowski worth over €40m, including add-ons. Laporta confirmed the bid and said he is still awaiting a reply from the German club.
"We have a lot of respect for Bayern and we have made them an offer [for Lewandowski]," he added. "We are waiting for their response. We hope it's positive.
"I also just want to express my gratitude for the attitude displayed by Lewandowski and the comments he's made, showing that wants to come and play for us."
13.51 BST: The sporting directors of Bayern Munich and Juventus have met to discuss the transfer of Matthijs de Ligt, according to Bild.
Bayern's Hasan Salihamidzic reportedly travelled to Milan on Wednesday to explore a deal for De Ligt, 22, with his Juventus counterpart Federico Cherubini.
The Netherlands centre-back has become a mainstay for Juventus since joining them from Ajax for €75m in 2019 and has two years left on his deal with the Italian side.
De Ligt has won Serie A and the Coppa Italia with Juventus, but Massimiliano Allegri's side finished fourth in the league last season as Milan won the Italian title. Chelsea have also been linked with De Ligt, who looks set to move on this summer.
13.17 BST: Liverpool centre-back Joe Gomez is set to sign a new long-term contract after telling the club he wants to stay, according to The Times.
Gomez, 25, has been plagued by injury problems since he joined Liverpool from Charlton Athletic in 2015. He missed much of the 2020-21 season with a serious knee injury, while he made just eight Premier League appearances last term as he found himself behind Virgil van Dijk, Joel Matip and Ibrahima Konate in the pecking order.
But The Times says that Gomez, who has two years left on his contract, has stated his desire to stay at Anfield after joining up with Liverpool for preseason training and is firmly in manager Jurgen Klopp's plans.
12.26 BST: As many as seven Atletico Madrid youngsters have contacted Real Madrid about switching sides since the unofficial "non-aggression pact" -- which saw the two clubs agree for many years not to pursue each other's academy players -- was reportedly broken this summer, according to Cadena SER.
Multiple reports have suggested that Real Madrid were unhappy with Atletico's behaviour over various issues last season, including approaches for their own academy prospects, and as a result decided to bring the unwritten deal to an end.
Madrid have already signed promising Atletico right-back Jesus Fortea, 15, and Cadena SER report that seven more highly-rated kids are also now considering a similar move.
11.37 BST: Manchester United midfielder Andreas Pereira is in London to complete his move to Fulham, sources have told ESPN.
The 26-year-old Belgium international has spent the past year on loan at Brazilian club Flamengo, but is set to return to the Premier League with newly promoted Fulham.
Pereira, who has started just 24 Premier League matches in eight years at United, is set to move to Craven Cottage for an initial fee of £8m that could rise to £10m.
10.59 BST: The father of Real Madrid forward Luka Jovic has called his signing for Fiorentina "the right move" and "an opportunity for us all to see who is right and who is wrong" over the player's potential, speaking to the Serbian outlet Objektiv.
Jovic is on the verge of completing a free transfer move to Fiorentina on a two-year deal, with Madrid entitled to 50%t of a future transfer fee if the Serie A club decide to move him on.
The Serbia international, 24, has failed to impress in three years at the Bernabeu, scoring just three goals in 36 LaLiga appearances.
10.24 BST: Axel Witsel has said playing Champions League football and working with manager Diego Simeone were two reasons for picking Atletico Madrid as his next club, after the veteran midfielder's one-year deal was confirmed on Wednesday.
Belgium international Witsel, 33, has played for Standard Liege, Benfica, Zenit Saint Petersburg, Tianjin Quanjian and most recently Borussia Dortmund -- as well as representing his country in two World Cups and two European Championships -- before this latest move to LaLiga.
"Atletico are a top club," Witsel said. "I wanted to stay at the top level and play in the Champions League too, that's why I'm here... [Simeone] is one of the best coaches in the world and I want to work with him. I spoke to [Belgium teammate] Yannick [Carrasco], and he told me very good things about the club. I played here with Zenit and there was a great atmosphere."
09.41 BST: Liverpool are in advanced talks with Nottingham Forest over the transfer of defender Neco Williams, the Daily Telegraph reports.
Williams, 21, has made 33 appearances for Liverpool since making his first-team debut in 2019. The Wales international spent the second half of last season on loan at Fulham, making 14 appearances in the Championship as the Londoners were promoted as champions.
Now he is set to join another promoted side, if the two clubs can agree a fee. The Telegraph reports that Forest are offering around £16m, but Liverpool want closer to £20m.
08.49 BST: Newcastle United have turned their attention to Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi after being rebuffed in their approach for Everton's Anthony Gordon, The Sun reports.
Everton have insisted they will not consider a transfer for Gordon, 21, despite Newcastle's £35m offer for the youngster who scored four goals and registered three assists last season as he broke into the first team.
Hudson-Odoi is next on Newcastle's list. The England international has slipped down the pecking order at Chelsea over the past two seasons, and the impending arrival of Raheem Sterling means he is likely to struggle even more for game time.
08.00 BST: Bayern Munich have no intention of signing Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United this summer, with CEO Oliver Kahn stating that a deal for the 37-year-old would not "fit with our philosophy."
Sources have told ESPN that Ronaldo has informed United bosses that he would like to move during the transfer window, with Bayern, Chelsea and Napoli cited as potential destinations. But, according to Kahn, Bayern will not be making a move for the Portuguese great.
"As highly as I rate Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the greatest, a transfer wouldn't be a fit with our philosophy," he told German magazine kicker.
Bayern's attack has long been led by the prolific Robert Lewandowski, however the 33-year-old has told the Bundesliga champions that he wants to leave the Allianz Arena this summer. Sources have told ESPN that Barcelona made a third offer for Lewandowski last week, worth more than €40m. Kahn has publicly insisted that the Poland striker is not for sale.
United similarly insist that Ronaldo, who scored 24 goals last season, is not available for transfer and that new manager Erik ten Hag "wants and expects" him to be part of the squad next season. However, sources have told ESPN that in reality that stance is softer, although they would prefer Ronaldo moved abroad rather than join Premier League rivals Chelsea. He has a year left on his contract at Old Trafford with the option of another year.
- Real Madrid are willing to move on Ferland Mendy, writes Sport. It is reported that the 27-year-old full-back is looking for an improved contract with an increased salary, though his current deal isn't due to expire until 2025. Meanwhile, the LaLiga side are confident that they could move him on for a notable fee if he is not happy to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu, and they currently have no plans to award an improved deal.
- Dani Alves has been offered a contract at Liga MX side Pumas UNAM, according to ESPN Mexico. Alves, 39, is hoping to make one last World Cup run with Brazil later this year in Qatar. He became a free agent after his one-year deal at Barcelona expired earlier this summer. An agreement between Alves and Pumas is considered far from complete, with Brazilian side Athletico-PR also keen on the defender.
- Paris Saint-Germain have been in talks with Reims this week as they look to reach an agreement over a fee for Hugo Ekitike, writes the Telegraph. The 20-year-old forward has recently been on the radar of Newcastle United, but after an impressive Ligue 1 campaign last season, in which he contributed to 13 goals in 24 games, it looks as though PSG are now at the front of the queue for his signature.
- Everton have no intention to part ways with Anthony Gordon this summer, despite interest from some clubs in the Premier League, according to The Athletic. The 21-year-old winger has been linked with both Tottenham Hotspur and Newcastle United, but after Frank Lampard's side transferred Richarlison to Tottenham, the latest indicates that the Toffees are keen to keep hold of Gordon.
- Manchester United's first proposal of £51m for Antony has been turned down by Ajax, reveals Goal. The Eredivisie side are reported to be looking for a fee of around £68m if they are to allow the 22-year-old Brazil international winger to leave, with Alfred Schreuder's side keen to keep him at Ajax for one more season.
- Fulham are looking to reinforce their defensive line with a move for Issa Diop, reports Foot Mercato. The Cottagers are reported to have made an offer of €15million to West Ham United, and they are confident that David Moyes' side are willing to let the 25-year-old centre-back leave, with the Hammers already having plenty of cover in that position. Diop made 10 Premier League starts last season.