Borussia Dortmund want to find the "best possible, not the fastest solution" as they search for a successor to head coach Thomas Tuchel, sporting director Michael Zorc has told kicker.
Earlier this week, Dortmund and Tuchel parted company after two years.
Although BVB were largely successful on the pitch in that time, Zorc and CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke said they had "worn ourselves out during this time in our dealings with the coaching team."
In an open letter after Tuchel's dismissal, Watzke wrote: "It's about basic values such as trust, respect, teamwork and communication skills, about authority and identity. It's about reliability and loyalty.
"Unfortunately, we couldn't see a basis for continued work together built on trust with a successful outlook in the current personnel constellation."
Nice coach Lucien Favre is reported to be the favourite to succeed Tuchel, but the Ligue 1 side are reluctant to allow the 59-year-old to leave.
Cologne's Peter Stoger and Ajax head coach Peter Bosz have also been named as contenders for the job in multiple reports.
Speaking to kicker, Zorc said: "We don't want to pressure ourselves. It's about finding the best possible solution for BVB, and not the fastest."
Zorc said the new coach should be someone able to work with the club's idea of "an attractive and attacking style of play" and added: "It's important we speak the same language."
He did not rule out the possibility that the club would pay compensation to land a new coach.
Zorc insisted Dortmund had acted "by the book" in the departure of Tuchel, saying it was not due to a falling out between the coach and Watzke, as some reports have speculated. He said: "The split-up was the result of a long process."
Tuchel has been linked with Bayer Leverkusen, and kicker reported on Thursday that they are considering a move for the 43-year-old but there is concern over whether Tuchel's problems at Dortmund might continue at Leverkusen.
Meanwhile, the aftermath of Tuchel's departure has seen German weekly Die Zeit publish a story claiming that Dortmund winger Marco Reus and midfielder Gonzalo Castro asked Watzke for permission not to play in the Champions League match against Monaco following the bomb attack on the team bus.
Neither player was in the matchday squad, but although Dortmund did not dismiss the report, they said no member of the squad asked not to play.