Eddie Nketiah saves Arsenal in Carabao Cup; Bravo rescues Man City

Eddie Nketiah came off the bench to save Arsenal from a Carabao Cup exit to Championship side Norwich City as the Londoners won 2-1 after extra time at the Emirates Stadium.

Arsene Wenger -- who has never won the League Cup -- made 11 changes to the side that thrashed Everton on Sunday and handed 23-year-old goalkeeper Matt Macey a debut.

His second-string side were far from their best and fell behind on 34 minutes when Josh Murphy kept his cool to produce a neat chip over Macey.

Norwich had clear chances to extend their lead as Arsenal sought an equaliser, but 18-year-old Nketiah made an instant impact from the substitutes' bench, prodding home following a corner just seconds after his introduction to send the match to extra time.

In the 96th minute, the England youth international headed home from a corner to put Arsenal ahead for the first time in the tie.

That proved enough to see Arsenal into the quarterfinals, although Norwich may consider themselves unfortunate not to have been awarded a late penalty when James Husband went down in the area.

Claudio Bravo proved Manchester City's hero as the Premier League leaders needed a penalty shootout to see off Championship side Wolverhampton Wanderers after a 0-0 draw at the Etihad Stadium.

Pep Guardiola refreshed his side -- with Bravo, Eliaquim Mangala and Tosin Adarabioyo handed rare starts and Oleksandr Zinchenko making his full debut -- but the City boss started Sergio Aguero, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling in attack.

However, City -- who had won every match they had played since Aug. 21 going into the game -- struggled against the Championship leaders and could easily have fallen behind but for a series of stops from Bravo.

With the tie heading for extra time, 19-year-old Wolves forward Bright Enobakhare -- denied earlier in the game -- raced through the City half and into the area but Bravo again came to City's rescue.

City also had a series of clear chances, with Sterling and substitute Leroy Sane going close, but neither side could make the breakthrough and the game went to a shootout.

Bravo then produced two saves in the shootout to deny Alfred N'Diaye and Conor Coady to see City through 4-1.

Jesse Lingard scored a brace as Manchester United beat Swansea City 2-0 at the Liberty Stadium to reach the Carabao Cup quarterfinals.

United, whose starting XI included Sergio Romero, Axel Tuanzebe and Scott McTominay, went ahead on 21 minutes when Lingard slotted home after Marcus Rashford's neat flick from an Ander Herrera pass.

Lingard then produced a superb header from Matteo Darmian's cross to double United's lead on 59 minutes and ensure progress, despite some late tests for Romero.

Crystal Palace gained no respite from their Premier League struggles as they were beaten 4-1 away to Bristol City.

Palace, currently rock bottom of the league with just three points and two goals from their opening nine games, went ahead on 21 minutes when Bakary Sako drove home from Ruben Loftus-Cheek's assist.

However, the Robins levelled when Matty Taylor seized on Patrick van Aanholt's poor attempt at a back header and then took the lead through Milan Djuric after the Palace defence failed to deal with a throw-in.

They added a third through Joe Bryan's fierce strike from the left of the area on the hour mark, and the Championship side produced another superb goal through Callum O'Dowda on 66 minutes to deepen their visitors' misery.

Managerless Leicester City came from behind to secure a 3-1 win against Leeds United.

Former Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez, named Leeds' captain for the night, had given the second-tier club the lead when he made space on the edge of the area before sending a sublime shot in off the crossbar on 26 minutes.

Leicester hit back quickly, though, with Kelechi Iheanacho netting his first goal since his summer move from Manchester City after Leeds keeper Felix Wiedwald had failed to get the ball clear after making an interception.

Islam Slimani was on hand to turn home Iheanacho's cross to give Leicester the lead with half an hour to play, and Riyad Mahrez rounded off the scoring with a fine solo effort late on, making it two wins in two for Foxes caretaker Michael Appleton.

Callum Wilson was on target on his first appearance since January as Bournemouth beat Championship side Middlesbrough 3-1 at the Vitality Stadium.

Relegation battlers Bournemouth enjoyed plenty of possession during the first half but had to wait until the start of the second to go ahead, Jack Simpson hooking home following a corner.

Boro, currently 13th in the Championship, swiftly levelled through Marcus Tavernier, but Wilson's 75th-minute penalty restored their advantage before Benik Afobe slid in to put the tie beyond reach.