Bournemouth top Championship, Derby denied playoff spot

Bournemouth have been crowned champions of the Championship after beating Charlton 3-0.

Two goals from Matt Ritchie and one from Harry Arter saw off the mid-table Addicks on their home turf, who were outclassed from the off and were two down within 12 minutes.

Watford, whose promotion was already assured, take second after they were held to a 1-1 draw by Sheffield Wednesday.

One goal from Matej Vydra -- his 16th of the season -- looked to have been enough but Watford had several other fine opportunities to make what was a comfortable victory more reflective of their dominance against the Owls.

They would regret not taking those chances because, although they were in complete control, they were to be undone when Atdhe Nuhiu headed home in the dying moments as the Hornets were overtaken by Bournemouth.

The big news came in the race for the playoffs as Derby dropped out after losing 3-0 to out-of-form Reading.

Derby's vastly superior goal difference meant they only needed a point to seal a top-six finish but they went behind to a Kwesi Appiah goal in only the second minute.

After Adam Federici saved a Darren Bent penalty, second half goals from Michael Hector and Gareth McCleary ensured Steve McClaren's men ended their campaign in eighth.

Their place was taken by Brentford, who thrashed already-relegated Wigan 3-0 thanks to goals from Alex Pritchard, Jota and Andre Gray.

They will play Middlesbrough in the playoffs, with Aitor Karanka's men finishing fourth after a 0-0 draw with Brighton.

Norwich will play arch-rivals Ipswich in the playoffs after Alex Neil's men recorded a 4-2 victory over Fulham at Carrow Road.

Goals late in the first half from player of the season Bradley Johnson and Nathan Redmond put the Canaries in control, with Graham Dorrans making it three near the end of the match.

Matt Smith pulled a goal back for Fulham with seven minutes to go but Johnson doubled his tally to make it 4-1 before he got on the scoresheet for a third time, only on this occasion it was through an own goal.

The win saw Norwich finish third -- and set up a playoff semifinal encounter with East Anglian neighbours Ipswich, who finished sixth after losing 3-2 to Blackburn.

Mick McCarthy's side began the afternoon in fifth place with a three-point cushion to seventh and could hardly have started better at Ewood Park with Daryl Murphy volleying them ahead after just two minutes.

But Jordan Rhodes and Craig Conway struck before half-time to put Blackburn 2-1 up and with results elsewhere, Ipswich dropped to sixth, hanging on courtesy of goal difference.

Rudy Gestede made it 3-1 from close range in the second half to shred the nerves of the visiting fans, whose side fought frantically to get back in the game.

They hit a second through Murphy's late penalty -- his 27th goal of the season -- and, although they could not draw level, any worries were alleviated with a loud cheer from the visiting end signalled Derby's capitulation.

Wolves missed out on a place in the playoffs despite Nouha Dicko's double helping fire them to a 4-2 win over relegated Millwall at Molineux.

Kenny Jackett's side were agonisingly pipped to a top-six finish on goal difference after finishing level on points with Ipswich and Brentford.

Dicko had put them in control after 20 minutes and then struck again 11 minutes into the second period to take his goal tally for the season to 15.

Millwall had to soak up a lot of pressure in the first half, but they were a different proposition after a half-time pep talk from manager Neil Harris and gained a foothold in the game through Aiden O'Brien in the 58th minute.

But their hopes of taking something on their departure from the Championship were ultimately dashed when Ethan Ebanks-Landell pounced 20 minutes from time.

Leeds owner Massimo Cellino was conspicuous by his absence as Neil Redfearn's side closed a tumultuous season with a 0-0 draw at home to Rotherham.

Cellino, banned by the Football League for his tax conviction, was given permission to attend the final game of the campaign but did not make himself known as the Yorkshire derby ended in an anti-climatic stalemate.

Rotherham boss Steve Evans brightened up the game by donning beachwear for the clash to celebrate after his side avoided relegation.

Ten-man Cardiff held on for a 2-1 win at Nottingham Forest to ensure a frustrating end to the season for Dougie Freedman's side and ease some of the pressure on Bluebirds boss Russell Slade.

The Cardiff manager had come under fire for failing to deliver a promotion challenge with the Welsh club this season, but the former Notts County manager enjoyed his return to his hometown, as first half goals from Joe Ralls and Eoin Doyle put his side in control.

Dexter Blackstock did pull one back in injury time, following the 76th minute dismissal of keeper David Marshall for an apparent head-butt on Jamaal Lascelles.

Robert Tesche's first-half strike gave Birmingham City a 1-0 win as Bolton's disappointing season finished on another low.

Tesche struck after 42 minutes in a low-grade contest befitting its status with neither side able to go up or be relegated.

Blackpool's game against Huddersfield at Bloomfield Road was abandoned shortly after the start of the second half after home fans entered the pitch in protest.

Fans' groups Blackpool Supporters Trust and the Tangerine Knights had dubbed May 2 "Judgement Day" following chairman Karl Oyston's declaration that naysayers should "judge us at the end of the season" back in August.

Blackpool had been relegated early last month and the fans made their feelings clear during Saturday's game, which was goalless at the time of the protests.

Huddersfield boss Chris Powell said after the game: "I feel sorry for our fans. They've come over here and paid money. The referee handled it as well as he could, but we don't know what happens now. It's a strange way to end the season."