Everton close in on Man United as Bournemouth and Hull record wins

Everton moved to within a point of sixth-placed Manchester United as they brushed aside West Bromwich Albion 3-0 at Goodison Park.

In a sleepy start, Everton fashioned the first opening when Romelu Lukaku dragged an attempt wide of the post from inside the area.

But they led after 39 minutes when Ross Barkley fired a loose ball towards goal from the edge of the box and, although Ben Foster saved, Kevin Mirallas was on hand to tap home.

The advantage was doubled right on half-time as fine play from Lukaku paved the way for Morgan Schneiderlin to score his first Everton goal.

Nacer Chadli had an effort saved as West Brom began the second half positively, but they were unable to create many further scares and Lukaku added a third when he headed home with seven minutes remaining.

Bournemouth missed two penalties but scored a late winner as they brought a recent run of uncertain form to a dramatic end with a 3-2 home victory over West Ham United.

In an all-action start on the south coast, West Ham's Sofiane Feghouli fouled Charlie Daniels inside the area but Josh King put his penalty wide of the post.

And only 48 seconds later the visitors had the lead as Feghouli provided the pass for Michail Antonio to turn and fire home.

King made amends with half an hour gone when he pounced on a loose ball to level, and with 37 minutes played, Bournemouth got a second penalty when Jose Fonte fouled Marc Pugh -- but Darren Randolph guessed right to stop Benik Afobe.

The home side took the lead early in the second half when King struck again, meeting an Afobe flick at close range with West Ham appealing for a handball, but the Londoners looked set for a share of the spoils when Sam Byram set up Andre Ayew for a tap-in inside the last 10 minutes.

King, though, completed a hat trick as the game ticked into the 90th minute, smashing home a rebound after Jack Wilshere's effort was saved.

Hull claimed a crucial 2-1 home win over fellow strugglers Swansea to move to within a point of safety.

The Tigers had the first chance when Gylfi Sigurdsson played a pass through to Wayne Routledge, whose strike was stopped by Eldin Jakupovic.

Hull could have broken through as a tight first half came towards a conclusion when Kamil Groscki's pass almost found Abel Hernandez, only for keeper Lucasz Fabianksi to cut it out.

Wayne Routledge missed a great chance for Swansea early in the second half when he fired over from 12 yards after Jakupovic had parried a cross into his path, and soon afterwards the Hull keeper tipped away a 25-yard Sigurdsson free kick.

But the home side struck soon afterwards as Oumar Niasse rounded off a fine move when he finished coolly after 69 minutes.

They wrapped up the three points, lifting them to third from bottom of the Premier League, when Niasse struck again nine minutes later -- but Swansea pulled a goal back through Alfie Mawson in stoppage time.