Chelsea stunned by Crystal Palace as Spurs close gap; Man United held

Premier League leaders Chelsea fell to a shock defeat as rejuvenated Crystal Palace struck twice in two minutes to win 2-1 at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea led after five minutes as Cesc Fabregas swept a long pass out to Eden Hazard, who took on his defenders and then waited for support -- which came from Fabregas, who raced into the area and finished off the Belgian's cross.

But Palace levelled within four minutes when Wilfried Zaha received the ball with his back to goal and turned away from his defenders before smashing home, and they were in front when Zaha's fine run saw him set up Christian Benteke to scoop a brilliant finish over Thibaut Courtois.

Fabregas and Hazard linked up again to set up Diego Costa but Wayne Hennessey produced a good save, and then the home side wanted a penalty when a Pedro shot struck Andros Townsend on the arm but saw their appeals rejected by referee Craig Pawson.

Chelsea were dominating possession but could have found themselves further adrift when James Tomkins headed narrowly over from a corner.

Palace had another chance to make it 3-1 after the break when Zaha was put through but Courtois got a foot to his shot -- and although Chelsea laid siege to the Palace goal they were unable to find a leveller despite more than seven minutes of added time, with Hennessey outstanding.

Tottenham took advantage of Chelsea's defeat to cut the gap to seven points with a clinical 2-0 win at Burnley.

Chances were at a premium early on, with neither goalkeeper tested in a match in which the home side failed to fluster the Tottenham defence with a direct approach.

The Londoners had the first good opportunity when Dele Alli fired over after Burnley goalkeeper Tom Heaton had saved, but not held, a shot from Christian Eriksen.

But they broke through when Burnley failed to clear a cross and Eric Dier produced a cool finish after 66 minutes, and they were two clear 11 minutes later when Alli played the ball across and Son Heung-Min struck.

Manchester United were held to a frustrating 0-0 draw by West Bromwich Albion at Old Trafford.

After a slow start, the first chance fell to United's Jesse Lingard, who chested down a deep cross but blasted his finish over the top.

Just after the half-hour, Anthony Martial should have opened the scoring when he met a cross from Antonio Valencia only to head wide of the target.

West Brom were not being put under much pressure and could have taken the lead through United old boy Darren Fletcher, who failed to get a proper connection on his effort after a ball from Craig Dawson had fallen to him.

Marcus Rashford tried his luck from distance but visiting goalkeeper Ben Foster was equal to it, and the Baggies almost snatched a late winner when David De Gea scrambled a long-range Fletcher effort onto the bar.

Foster then made another excellent save to thwart Rashford.

Leicester City continued their superb recent form as they beat Stoke City 2-0 at the King Power Stadium to move further away from danger.

After a slow start, the Premier League champions took the lead in spectacular fashion after 25 minutes when Wilfred Ndidi fired into the top corner from around 30 yards, giving Lee Grant no chance.

Grant made a fine save to prevent the revitalised champions from doubling their advantage, pushing away a fierce Riyad Mahrez attempt.

But Craig Shakespeare's team were two up just two minutes into the second period thanks to another superb goal as Danny Simpson crossed and Jamie Vardy lashed home a stunning volley.

Sunderland slumped closer to relegation as Watford beat them 1-0 at Vicarage Road.

Watford were quickly into their stride and almost took the lead in the opening seconds when M'Baye Niang had a chance from a deflected cross but Billy Jones got there to clear.

The home side had cause to be grateful to keeper Heurelho Gomes, who made a smart stop from a curling Adnan Januzaj strike, but they soon stepped up the pressure again and Etienne Capoue whizzed an effort just wide.

Jordan Pickford made a good stop when defender Craig Cathcart rose to meet a corner shortly before the break, but Cathcart was involved in the decisive moment on the hour when his header back across goal was finished off by Miguel Britos.

Hull City beat West Ham 2-1 at the KCOM Stadium to keep their survival hopes well and truly alive.

The home side started well and Hammers defender Jose Fonte was booked for a crude challenge on the threatening Abel Hernandez.

But the visitors were in front after 18 minutes when Andy Carroll scored his 50th Premier League goal, chesting down an Aaron Cresswell cross and finishing coolly.

Hull, though, began the second half well and levelled when Andrew Robertson raced through -- and they could have led soon afterwards when Alfred N'Diaye smacked an effort against the post.

But they snatched the points with five minutes remaining when Andrea Ranocchia glanced home a header.

Bournemouth midfielder Harry Arter skied a late penalty as his side drew 0-0 at Southampton in a game of missed chances.

Arter's moment of embarrassment came after 78 minutes, when defender Ryan Bertrand was adjudged to have fouled Ryan Fraser, while Bournemouth had come within a whisker of breaking through moments earlier as Adam Smith hit a post.

Southampton could have opened the scoring when Shane Long, through on goal, sent a lofted finish wide, while Nathan Redmond and James Ward-Prowse also came close.

The draw, which leaves both teams in mid table on 34 points, also saw a pitch invader briefly disrupt second-half play -- which resumed with another missed chance as Benik Afobe steered wide for Bournemouth.