Union Berlin will not stop Bobby Wood from leaving the second-tier Bundesliga club should he request a transfer to a club willing to make the United States forward "a decent offer."
The 24-year-old attacker, who has scored 17 goals in 30 matches this season, has been linked with Hamburg.
The standout performances for Union have not only won the U.S. international a place in the 40-man preliminary squad for next month's Copa America, but also brought him to the attention of a wider audience in Germany.
In March, Bundesliga club Hamburg sounded out their chances of luring the forward to the north of Germany during a meeting between Wood and then-Hamburg sporting director Peter Knabel.
Although Knabel was released from his duties earlier this week because of differences with the club's CEO Dietmar Beiersdorfer, Hamburg are still interested in signing Wood.
While Beiersdorfer, who now acts in a dual role as CEO and sporting director, did not comment on the Wood rumours at a news conference on Tuesday, Union president Dirk Zingler said they will not stop their forward from leaving the club.
He told Hamburger Morgenpost: "If Bobby receives a what he believes is a decent offer, he will leave Union. If he wants to prosper, we will not put any spokes in his wheels."
The Hamburg daily reported that Wood has €3.5 million release clause for a transfer into Bundesliga in his contract.