Brazil youth international midfielder Gerson will move to Champions League winners Barcelona in January, says the player's father.
Barcelona have priority to sign the 18-year-old Fluminense star, and speaking in an interview with Mundo Deportivo on Monday, his father, Marcos Antonio da Silva, said he'll be heading to the Camp Nou at the beginning of next year.
"Gerson will arrive in Barcelona in January," he said. "Gerson will stay here at Fluminense and, in January, will play at Barcelona. We appreciate the interest from other clubs, as it's a sign my son is doing well, but our decision is made. Gerson wants Barcelona. It's his dream."
Da Silva, who has been influential throughout the player's career, admitted formal contracts have yet to be signed.
"There is still not a done deal. But Fluminense, the player and Barcelona will benefit," he said.
ESPN Brasil was informed earlier this month that Barca had offered €20 million for Gerson and, while Juventus had made a superior offer, the player would prefer a move to the Camp Nou.
Members of the Fluminense hierarchy later informed ESPN Brasil that they were confident Barca would pay closer to €30 million for Gerson.
Whatever the price, Da Silva says his son is ready for a club as big as Barca.
"Gerson is ready to make the jump into Barcelona's first team, he's in no hurry, but he still needs to improve many things and has to demonstrate his qualities on the field, but there isn't a better place in Europe to grow and stand out," he concluded.
The left-footer, who has been a regular starter with Fluminense since February, is considered one of the most promising young players currently in Brazil. However the natural No. 10 was left out of Brazil's Under-20 World Cup runners-up campaign this summer.
Barcelona are currently serving a FIFA transfer ban that prevents any new signings from representing the club until January.