Hoffenheim boss Julian Nagelsmann has refused to comment on rumours linking him with the Bayern Munich job.
Nagelsmann had been strongly linked with Bayern even prior to Carlo Ancelotti's dismissal on Thursday, with the 30-year-old saying earlier this month that his family would move to Munich and that the German champions have "always played a prominent role in [his] dreams."
While he later played down those comments, he is reported to be one of the leading contenders to take charge at the Allianz Arena along with former Borussia Dortmund coach Thomas Tuchel.
Asked about the Bayern vacancy following Hoffenheim's 2-1 Europa League defeat at Ludogorets on Thursday, Nagelsmann told Sport 1 he was just concentrating on his side's upcoming game in the Bundesliga on Sunday.
"My only focus is on Freiburg," he said.
Hoffenheim sporting director Alexander Rosen remained bullish about his side's chances of holding onto their young coach.
"The chances [of losing Nagelsmann] are slim -- I can't even say how slim they are," Rosen told Sport 1. "I'd say I am annoyed by this topic, but that's not even true. It just bores me."
Nagelsmann, the Bundesliga's youngest ever coach, took charge of Hoffenheim's senior side near the end of the 2015-16 season after having impressed in various coaching roles at the club since 2008.
He led Hoffenheim to a top four place in the Bundesliga for the first time in their history last season, drawing praise for his tactical acumen. However, he has said in the past that he believes tactics are secondary to the bond between the players, saying "70 percent of the work is mental, and only 30 percent is the content."
He has earned the respect of his squad despite being younger than some of his players; at Bayern, he would take charge of veteran stars like Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery, whose relationship with Ancelotti played a role in the coach's downfall, according to club president Uli Hoeness.
Ancelotti had left out several key players including Robben and Ribery for Bayern's 3-0 Champions League loss to Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday and Hoeness told FFH Radio: "As a coach you can't have the most prominent players as your opponents.
"I've learned one saying in my life: There's nothing more dangerous than sleeping with the enemy. That's why we had to act!
"The fact that the coach in one whack antagonised five players -- and [Kingsley] Coman didn't play as well -- he'd never have survived it."